DIY MSX bumpers and cover

Willy510

Just got my MSX last week and am in the process of making some protection for it. Made a neoprene cover and modeled up some 3d printed flexible front and rear bumpers. The fit for the bumpers is great, I'm just making different versions and sizes now to decided what will work well and look good. I'd like to change the headlight also once I can figure out the supplied voltage and or if there are any other power sources I can pull from for lights.

Bv2i1GSuHpn5iedDeudX1FLAjdMDSV9JJEA5gNjk -ojVM2Ekf0zqC77fnyAkYBWYuQgnCu03CrxrsVtwFoQc8QgxkIFjBF1Y34an6LOX4Ub0YoIHo5Hmwhws

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Love your designs so far, printed the front and rear bumpers (the short ones) for my incoming MSP.

Any thoughts on extending the front bumper to partially cover the headlights? I was planning on making a hood with sugru so less light is going upwards and blinding people, but having some sort of hood integrated into the front bumper would be a lot cleaner.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Patrick Mckowen said:

Great stuff:clap3:

Did your prints get test fitted for an MSP?

Where did you get your fabric?

Cheers

Thanks,  

I havent seen them fitted to an MSP but was told they do, should be same center shell as my MSX

I got the neoprene from Mcmaster Carr and the nylon edging I had for years. 

3 hours ago, BoseHeadphones said:

Love your designs so far, printed the front and rear bumpers (the short ones) for my incoming MSP.

Any thoughts on extending the front bumper to partially cover the headlights? I was planning on making a hood with sugru so less light is going upwards and blinding people, but having some sort of hood integrated into the front bumper would be a lot cleaner.

Thanks

Hadn't thought of making a hood since I've added more lights to the front and back,  I've just used a strip of black tape as a light cut off on motorcycles before but I'm sure a hood could be made for headlight opening. I'm making a custom headlight assembly for mine once I can get my printers free again and try some designs out. 

• Like 1