The 67-volt Gotway Mten3

Fwiw, I left my mten outside laying down and it rained. Oh the plight of riding two wheels and only remembering to bring the nice one in. No big deal, I set it upright, put  a dehumidifier and fan up and left it sit overnight to dry. Today it is dry and charging. So... the mten is water resistant at least..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Fwiw, I left my mten outside laying down and it rained. Oh the plight of riding two wheels and only remembering to bring the nice one in. No big deal, I set it upright, put  a dehumidifier and fan up and left it sit overnight to dry. Today it is dry and charging. So... the mten is water resistant at least..

Having spent a fair amount of time inside the Mten3, I can say it's probably one of the best weatherproof wheels being made. The battery and control board sit high in the shell and the wheel compartment is totally isolated.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Phong Vu said:

May I ask if anyone know when the 67v mten3 available on ewheels again?

It says back-order, check with sales at ewheels.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am still so in LOVE with my mten. I only go to town once a month, but ALWAYS toss the mten in the truck when i go. One.. i carry no phone and people don't stop to help anymore (especially with this covid bullshit), so if my truck breaks down, the mten gives me a 10 mile head start to the nearest ANYTHING. Two, town has parking lots with smooth pavement and curbs!! (learn on grass and uneven asphalt, smooth lots seem like cheating) Since the reverse 360 fail/challenge on uneven asphalt, I can now easily and on command, change directions and ride backwards in circles or left or right and then back to front. Pendulum on flat smooth crete is stupid easy. Curbs... omfg curbs. Curbs are so easy and not an issue. Up/down, at angles, hell, im overjumping the damn things. Parking blocks... man are those fun too. The mten is the epitome of slow fun. Think skateboard with no hurry to go anywhere!  Im becoming a menace now that curbs and grass fields are in my grasp. I'd hate to admit it, but the mten is now just as enjoyable as my 18l. A different enjoyment, but just as much. Combined with the fact that its not threatening to people in size and even those that have no idea wtf it is, don't seem worried about it. Riding at below my  short legged wife's walking speed, means I can go on a 2 mile 'walk' WITH her and never take a damn step. Im still working on this level of control (1mph) on the 18L, but having the mten lets me taste whats capable on an euc, much sooner than a larger wheel. If you're on the fence about getting one, do it! Now, Im not sure the older cruising only crowd would find such enjoyment, but those of you who are kids and kids at heart, the mten resonates well. When I eventually smash mine to bits, I surely hope they still sell them, or theres something VERY similar. Hell, sometimes a company just gets it right and theres only room to make it worse. Im thinking the mten is exactly that kind of product. Just beware the 'gotway dance'. Ok so maybe if they could remedy that one little thing somehow. Fwiw, I NEVER hit tilback on the mten. I can, but even on the 67v version, there's not much point. The mten shines in its single digit speeds of foolery.

*since my mten looks beat to shit and so small, I bet its less likely to be stolen out of the vehicle. I mean hell, its a dented, dirty, beaten scratched plastic egg. Aside from the WTF is that, it doesnt look expensive. 10:1 youll lose your garmin first.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1