Replacement Tire for Nikola 16 X 3.0''

My tire hasn't got any profile after only 1400 km. Is this normal? Only driven on street.

Would be o.k. for dry region. But since months, nearly no day with dry conditions. It's therefore too dangerous with this slick on my Nikola.

Any suggestion for a replacement tire? Actually the CST tire is on the Nikola!

Where to buy in Europe?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

My tire hasn't got any profile after only 1400 km. Is this normal? Only driven on street.

Would be o.k. for dry region. But since months, nearly no day with dry conditions. It's therefore too dangerous with this slick on my Nikola.

Any suggestion for a replacement tire? Actually the CST tire is on the Nikola!

Where to buy in Europe?

you probably ride on low tire pressure. i have 1500 miles on my nikola (2500 km) still has tread. it’s wearing evenly too 

I believe you can buy this tire on aliexpress. 

Edited by Ben Kim

All the early Nikolas around here are wearing their tires super quick, looking quite bald around 1,500 miles (~2,400 km). ~900 miles does seem awfully early though. @Nevin@Tec-toyz.com (California) sells a few replacement tires for the Nikola. Don't know if he ships to EU. https://tec-toyz.com/collections/all 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

Unfortunately my second battery pack fall out - all connectors disconnected.

Ist there anything to take care ab out on connecting the second battery pack again?

Yes, absolutely! The battery packs must be at the same voltage, within +- 0.5V before connecting back together. Otherwise you could burn the connectors, your fingers, or even your house.

But how did the battery fall out? Be sure to check all the cables, connectors, and the battery wrapping for damage. And try to check if the cables are still connected properly inside the battery, and are not moving around etc.

9 hours ago, mrelwood said:

But how did the battery fall out? Be sure to check all the cables, connectors, and the battery wrapping for damage. And try to check if the cables are still connected properly inside the battery, and are not moving around etc.

The battery in the Nikola is only taped to the shell. It was laying on the floor for 2 days - had to repair the hose first before mounting new tire.

On picking up the shells with the battery and so on - it fall suddenly out. I was very astonished and couldn't react in any way.

So I do charge each battery pack separately to say 84 V. Checking both to be witin this 0.5V range and than connecting the second pack parallel to the first.

That is an understandable accident. Likely the cables will be intact, but I would still check them closely.

58 minutes ago, MBIKER_SURFER said:

So I do charge each battery pack separately to say 84 V. Checking both to be witin this 0.5V range and than connecting the second pack parallel to the first.

Yes, then they are safe to be connected in parallel and to the wheel. I tend to get the packs within 0.1V, but I don’t think it’s neccessary to be that precise.

Note that when connecting batteries to the main board, you can get a spark depending on the charge level of the board capacitors. This is normal, but to minimize charring at the connector, make the connection as fast and determined as possible. If you connect very gently, get a bit scared of the spark, hesitate, and have a bad connection for the whole time, the continuous sparking will stain the connector and may even require replacing.

Thanks - I've just done. And yes, I got a spark and  noise. 

I replaced the XT60 connectors on both sides - they were burnt. You can't short it due to wrong connection. But I think, I was accidently to close to the connector on my first try ......

My house is still o.k. :)