EUC Vinyl Wraps & Paint-jobs pics

Blicky Te⚡️la

2 hours ago, Cory Brown said:

Stage One Complete!!! Still need to cut out a channel for the LEDs. They're too pretty to hide. Considering wrapping the top trim and handle as well. Also want to make some power pads for it and some rubber bumpers around the edge. Will post progress as it happens.

Dude, that came out fantastic/super clean! Well done.

• You might consider putting a bit of rubber over the nub that sticks out to prevent the grip tape from scratching the wheel when folded up, otherwise the grip tape will scratch/shred the vinyl there. Alternatively one could even remove the nub entirely before wrapping, just would definitely need to put a bit of rubber or something back on overtop the vinyl in the same spot.
  • Covering the chintzy Gotway logo disc in the middle is definitely an improvement visually, although aren't there screws under there so now you'd have to remove the vinyl to re-open the wheel? I wonder if one could wrap the wheel minus the disc and cut out the screw holes, and then use some other sticker/something just over the center part to serve the same purpose as the disc did. (Or could even use the same matching vinyl to cover a disc separately from the wheel to then use in the same way.)
  • Curious how cutting out for the lights might be done to maintain the level of polish--gonna be tricky.

Looking great so far!

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

Dude, that came out fantastic/super clean! Well done.

• You might consider putting a bit of rubber over the nub that sticks out to prevent the grip tape from scratching the wheel when folded up, otherwise the grip tape will scratch/shred the vinyl there. Alternatively one could even remove the nub entirely before wrapping, just would definitely need to put a bit of rubber or something back on overtop the vinyl in the same spot.
  • Covering the chintzy Gotway logo disc in the middle is definitely an improvement visually, although aren't there screws under there so now you'd have to remove the vinyl to re-open the wheel? I wonder if one could wrap the wheel minus the disc and cut out the screw holes, and then use some other sticker/something just over the center part to serve the same purpose as the disc did. (Or could even use the same matching vinyl to cover a disc separately from the wheel to then use in the same way.)
  • Curious how cutting out for the lights might be done to maintain the level of polish--gonna be tricky.

Looking great so far!

Thanks! My girlfriend took the lead for most of it. She absolutely killed it!

No screws under the stickers on this model, but the screw holes are still there. Definitely made life easier.

I definitely see what you mean about the pedal pad. Will add something there for sure.

As far as the LEDs go, I think I'll try to find some thin black tape to bridge the gap after I trim back the vinyl.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cory Brown said:

Stage One Complete!!! Still need to cut out a channel for the LEDs. They're too pretty to hide. Considering wrapping the top trim and handle as well. Also want to make some power pads for it and some rubber bumpers around the edge. Will post progress as it happens.

SMP7162.jpg

USgRNHV.jpg

XJCigSH.jpg

This is just 🙌🏾

2 hours ago, General Principle said:

2E4310B0-A1C6-4FB7-A7AD-C87313120917.jpeg

The matching sidewall is a nice touch I haven't seen before. (I vaguely remember seeing someone mentioned whitewalls on an EUC tire years ago but which was pretty meh, but the matching color stripe is kinda cool.) How'd you do it?

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

The matching sidewall is a nice touch I haven't seen before. (I vaguely remember seeing someone mentioned whitewalls on an EUC tire years ago but which was pretty meh, but the matching color stripe is kinda cool.) How'd you do it?

Unfortunately this isn’t mine, none are in fact. Merely ripped from cyberspace for inspiration!