Kingsong KS16X Inner tube availability, Puncture proof solution.

Peters

Hello

Im wondering where to buy 16X inner tube? Any suggestions? (Will 16 X 2.75 size inner tube work?)
Im concerned with the possibility of getting a flat and was wondering if there is a good solution of puncture-proofing the inner tube?

Ive researched several solutions and unsure which is the best one, here are the ones ive looked into;

1. Slime: only lasts 6 months, after that, unsure what happens to it?
2. Stab-resistent inner liner: its like a off white semi-flexible plastic material that seems like it may be strong enough to resist nail puncture. Ive yet to test, i did buy one.
3. Latex inner tube: This looks interesting, claims to be more puncture resistant to standard rubber inner tube, unfortunately they do not have the 16X3 size.
4. Foss inner tube: Its a blue colored inner tube that claims to be "Anti Puncture". Unfortunately they only have 16 X 2 (unsure if this will work with 16X size of 16 X 3... ?)
5. Solid inner tube: This looks the best to me, yet the ride may be either to bumpy or clumsy depending on the hardness of the solid inner tube. Unfortunately they do not have 16 X 3 size either.
6. Motorcycle inner tube: Apparently a 14" motorcycle/moped inner tube may work for the 16X and apparently motorcycle inner tube is stonger? Any one have experience with this?
7. Solid tire: Skipping solid inner tube, Ive also seen, solid tire. Again no such size for 16X (16 X 3). This looked like it might have been a good solution.

Any puncture prevention solutions youd recommend?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.35.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.35.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.36.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 8.36.52 PM.png

If you read where you can use these mc inned foam tubes, then they have limitations and you can't adjust to your liking. I look at it like 8 months ago, but dropped it.There wasn't enought diversity in choice to fit my rides and size. But that was back then.

• Like 1

There are a number of options for puncture prevention...

If you are struggling to find a replacement tube though, try contacting Roll.nz - rumour has it that they have a pile of them  available...   ;)