2.00 firmware upgrade bricked my wheel

林延光

Can you set maximum speed  to be anything but 22kph? If yes, then maybe try a different version of firmware? The info about this model of scooter online seems to be very limited. But it is possible that the maximum top speed is firmware version related.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:41 AM, 林延光 said:

I got my hands on the soft tuner app. My wheel is finally fixed! Thanks for all of you that have chimed in! @Tegulf, you might just have to try several times. I had to try 5+ times to get it working.

How did you get the Bluetooth to stay connected? 

Sitting here with a bricked 18XL trying desperately to get the soft tuner to work. 

10 minutes ago, General Principle said:

How did you get the Bluetooth to stay connected? 

My Bluetooth also kept dropping. But it can keep connected for at least a couple seconds so that if I am fast enough I can select firmware and click upgrade. The problem was that after I click upgrade, most of the time I do not see any progress bar and Bluetooth will drop and I need to try again. Once every 5-10 times I can see progress bar. And after progress starts, my Bluetooth is stable.

15 minutes ago, 林延光 said:

My Bluetooth also kept dropping. But it can keep connected for at least a couple seconds so that if I am fast enough I can select firmware and click upgrade. The problem was that after I click upgrade, most of the time I do not see any progress bar and Bluetooth will drop and I need to try again. Once every 5-10 times I can see progress bar. And after progress starts, my Bluetooth is stable.

Okay well I finally got a connection but now I’m not able to find the right version for my wheel. KS18L v201

On 2/3/2020 at 4:53 PM, Cuba Gonzalez said:

I uninstalled Darknessbot app. I reinstalled it and I got it to change the speed limit, now I can set it to 31 mph. Also, make sure you don't have the KS app open or running in the background. 

Hi, do you have the same scooter?

On 2/2/2020 at 10:10 PM, 林延光 said:

Can you set maximum speed  to be anything but 22kph? If yes, then maybe try a different version of firmware? The info about this model of scooter online seems to be very limited. But it is possible that the maximum top speed is firmware version related.

I get a few firmware versions up but i have tried most of them. Also the page is in chineese so i dont understand.  If i post a pic can you translate?

Edited by Tegulf

• 5 months later...
On 2/8/2020 at 6:10 PM, Tegulf said:

I get a few firmware versions up but i have tried most of them. Also the page is in chineese so i dont understand.  If i post a pic can you translate?

@Tegulf did you manage to unlock the eWheels e2s v2 / Kingsong Ks-X1 ?
I have crawled the internet for  a solution to unlock to the maximum speed, tried most of the solutions proposed but I cant seem to get it unlocked. I talked to Kingson and they acknowledged that it was possible but I had to do it through the retailer as they did not want to risk any warranty issues. My retailer (ewheels.no) is anything but helpful as they say it is not possible.

• 1 year later...
53 minutes ago, Yuval said:

Hi guys. have you finally managed to find a solution to the bricked wheel problem? 

Maybe posting in one of the other topics, which are not one year old could lead to more answers? ;)

But afair not too much changed. You tried EUC World or Darknessbot. If these did not work the softtuner app?

55 minutes ago, Yuval said:

I have the same problem now with my kingsong ks-14s wheel

If you describe what you did, what happened and what you tried unsuccesfully to solve the problem it could be easier for others to help you.