The thread for asking our Chinese members for translations related to EUCs

Aneta

There are situations when you are looking at the picture and there's some Chinese text on it. I decided to create this thread for better visibility in General forum, to ask our Chinese-reading members to help us, Chinese-illiterates.

Can someone please translate 6 pictures from this post?

It’s fun and sometimes even useful to use the camera translator in the Google Translate mobile app for reading Chinese text. The translations are rarely truly accurate, but it often gives enough hint for the correct meaning.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

It’s fun and sometimes even useful to use the camera translator in the Google Translate mobile app for reading Chinese text. The translations are rarely truly accurate, but it often gives enough hint for the correct meaning.

Thank you for suggestion, it totally escaped me that G Translate can do that. Results, however, are almost useless.

5912bbd536450_IMG_4010_.jpg.ce3fb6acbdd4

- no text found, even with finger highlighting

5912bbde281e6_IMG_4278_.jpg.00e3655c217f

- "Yong A2 Copper Thick"

5912bbe84e695_IMG_4003_.jpg.281deb03b027

- "13006 Iron loss rate bottom"

IMG_41922.jpg.c81f459dde533cfeb4337bf397

- "GT16 adopts high-level replication", "Magnetic steel flux for ordinary motors"

5912bbf65ab6e_IMG_4282_.jpg.2ddd2797ae73

- "Zong Zhongjiao"

55 minutes ago, Aneta said:

30mm would be reasonable for magnet width, 300 must be something else.

Wouldn’t be the first time someone fails to convert mm to cm... (I just did :facepalm:)

Reading the translation again, maybe it has something to do with the materials used? Stainless steels for example are classified in the 300 range.

But this kind of speculation really is pointless. I hope someone literate in Chinese will chime in.

1 hour ago, Skiboard17 said:

Hope this helps. If you have any question or suggestion please tell me.

By the way, the mysterious 300 is most likely the number of slices of silicon steel they are using.

Thank you thank you thank you @Skiboard17!!! This is very valuable technical info. It made me appreciate my GT16 even more for its power and efficiency in a compact 17kg package! (But made me even more sad, too, because it's even more obvious now that Rockwheel boss is a technical genius and innovator, but unfortunately went out of business.)

PS. 300 must still be something else than number of laminations, because 300*0.33mm = 100mm.

Edited by Aneta

One more question, @Skiboard17: what's the name of Rockwheel boss (see linked post in OP) and is there any way to contact him? (he last visited forum in 2017) If you can find him (on Chinese Internet, probably?), can you contact him and ask what's the scoop with Rockwheel, is he completely out of business, or may come back with long-anticipated GT18? I (and many other GT16 fans, no doubt) would greatly appreciate any insight, we still hope for miracle...

On 12/19/2019 at 2:33 PM, Aneta said:

please translate

Some cropping of the Chinese text plus contrast / saturation enhancement can help the translation. Clear and larger text as a result of cropping works better than smaller source characters. Proof reading for obvious errors like 0.33 M vs 0.33 MM can be tiresome.

OCR translate from cropped Chinese charactersOCR translate from cropped Chinese characters

There is one Chinese character that OCR didn't identify. Hand tracing in the character sometimes works in getting a recognizable OCR. 

Traced in Chinese characters

But the English character M which was hand traced didn't get OCR'd

Traced in Chinese characters

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Aneta said:

One more question, @Skiboard17: what's the name of Rockwheel boss (see linked post in OP) and is there any way to contact him? (he last visited forum in 2017) If you can find him (on Chinese Internet, probably?), can you contact him and ask what's the scoop with Rockwheel, is he completely out of business, or may come back with long-anticipated GT18? I (and many other GT16 fans, no doubt) would greatly appreciate any insight, we still hope for miracle...

So I did some intensive searching on official Rockwheel website, Chinese version of reddit (Tieba), as well as the online shops. In short, I feel like Rockwheel is gone...

The Rockwheel website is crappy. The navbar on top doesn't link to any new contents. The one that says "online shop" takes you to a nonexistent page on Taobao. So there is no way of contacting them through that website.

Next, on the Chinese reddit, the topic of rockwheel has not been active for a long time. The most recent ones all ask about if anyone has any spare to repair the gt16 or gt14 since the online shop where they bought the wheel is gone. The only info I can find about gt18 is still the pictures posted by Marty in Rockwheel topic. Also, there are rumors about Rockwheel shutting off on the forum, and people seem to accept that truth.

Lastly, there are still online shops selling Rockwheels, but none of them is official Rockwheel company. 

Combining all these information, I personally think Rockwheel is gone. There is no way of contacting them, and nobody can hear anything from them. However, all of these are just my speculations; Rockwheel still has a chance of coming back to light again.

Sorry but I can't help you the way you expected...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bob Eisenman said:

Some cropping of the Chinese text plus contrast / saturation enhancement can help the translation.

Thank you, Bob. Your skill is amazing, never thought of doing something like that. It almost looks like a scene from some futuristic crime investigation movie, where they zoom into a blurry picture, sharpen it, zoom in more, rinse, repeat, until it's magnified like 1,000,000x and shows a perfectly sharp picture of some evidence!

1 hour ago, Skiboard17 said:

So I did some intensive searching on official Rockwheel website, Chinese version of reddit (Tieba), as well as the online shops. In short, I feel like Rockwheel is gone...

The Rockwheel website is crappy. The navbar on top doesn't link to any new contents. The one that says "online shop" takes you to a nonexistent page on Taobao. So there is no way of contacting them through that website.

Next, on the Chinese reddit, the topic of rockwheel has not been active for a long time. The most recent ones all ask about if anyone has any spare to repair the gt16 or gt14 since the online shop where they bought the wheel is gone. The only info I can find about gt18 is still the pictures posted by Marty in Rockwheel topic. Also, there are rumors about Rockwheel shutting off on the forum, and people seem to accept that truth.

Lastly, there are still online shops selling Rockwheels, but none of them is official Rockwheel company. 

Combining all these information, I personally think Rockwheel is gone. There is no way of contacting them, and nobody can hear anything from them. However, all of these are just my speculations; Rockwheel still has a chance of coming back to light again.

Sorry but I can't help you the way you expected...

Thanks again a million, @Skiboard17, for your extensive and generous effort! I'm very sad now that Rockwheel is gone. Too often in this world brilliant technical innovators do not survive the fierce competition, even with relatively innovation-less, but more business-savvy market players. (Just think about his post linked above introducing GT16 - he just dumped some pics with Chinese text on them that has high marketing value, but he didn't caption them in English, although his command of English is sufficient for that. How many thousands of dollars he didn't make because forum readers didn't know these competitive facts about GT16 and chose a different wheel?!)

I'll drink one for Rockwheel tonight...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aneta said:

rinse, repeat, until it's magnified like 1,000,000x and shows a perfectly sharp picture of some evidence

Speaking of huge amplifications....and a bit off topic....

Back in the day(1990s)....I worked on the same floor as an early-era researcher (Dr Bianchi - now in a new location)

https://irp.nih.gov/pi/diana-bianchi

The last author (A.F.F.) on the next paper url ran the cell sorter and would talk from time to time about needing to replace an occasional part (laser tube) on his sorter which serviced other researchers as well. Dr Bianchi's early work ,when I was there, required really high 'gain' settings on the photodetector to accomplish the sorts.

https://scholar.google.com/scholar_lookup?title=Possible effect of gestational age on the detection of fetal nucleated erythrocytes in maternal blood&journal=Prenat Diagn&volume=11&pages=523-528&publication_year=1991&author=Bianchi%2CDW&author=Stewart%2CJE&author=Garber%2CMF&author=Lucotte%2CG&author=Flint%2CAF#d=gs_qabs&u=%23p%3DN2kUJCG32wwJ

(in the fetal diagnostics field) using 'leaked' (crossed the placenta a low frequency) fetal blood cells found in the mothers blood stream. First trimester diagnostics! She would cell sort the maternal blood tagged with antibodies against specific fetal cell surface components. A cell sorter takes a stream of single cells, illuminates the single cells with light which makes the bound antibody flouresce at a certain wavelength and diverts the fluid path (physical separation from other cells in the stream) of the sorted single cells to a separate collection volume.

(In 1992):

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00220460

After sorting out the fetal cells (nucleated RBC's ) derived non invasively, from the maternal cells a tech would perform PCR on the fetal stuff. Image sexing the fetus after a few weeks of gestation using Y specific Gene sequences. Male (xy) positives show as positive and female (xx) show as negative in the test in those days. 

The amplifications by PCR are huge! 

Newer methods (two decades later)  can detect cell free fetal dna in the maternal blood.

The same tech, who was rather attractive and young, (a waitress at King Richard's faire on weekends), once looked at me from the opposite end of the corridor and said 'stay away from me Bob' as she caught the evil eye.🤭

On another day, referring to her talents with low copy number sample used for polymerase chain reaction (PCR), she claimed she could amplify (the DNA) by PCR from only a single cell!

PCR ( one replication per cycle) runs about 35 cycles so a 2 to the 35 power of amplification (in theory) can be obtained optimally.

OCR by enhancing the source image a little seems trivial by comparison.

Edited by Bob Eisenman
  • Like 1

I'm with you Aneta.. I'll drink one for Rockwheel tonight too.

I've had my GT16 v2 for a year now (it's not my only wheel) and it's never let me down, so I'd been looking forward to a Rockwheel upgrade for Gotway type performance. Now it looks like my next wheel will likely be a Gotway after all. For now, I'll ride this till it won't go anymore.

By the way, considering all our wheels seem to be made in China anyway, it would be a huge help for more Chinese speakers' input (thanks again @Skiboard17). Better yet, more manufacturers' direct input.