Is regular unicycle superior than EUC?

iEatRice

Got this guy's comment on my instagram and apparently he is a unicycle rider. don't know much about regular unicycles but I know some skateboarders look down to electric skateboards. As an EUC enthusiastic I felt a little offended<_<This kind of guy's mindset is like EUC riders are not capable of riding regular unicycles and EUC is the only option:confused1:The mosaic is for privacy purpose.99-A3-DFEF-934-F-41-B2-81-D5-64-A9-F5074

He's trolling, but who cares? After all, the "real thing" (AKA unicycles) is for people who didn't catch up with modern times.

It's true, riding an EUC is much easier than riding a unicycle, but who cares?

Hmmmmm ????  I could have bought a " Real " unicycle at any time in my life for $78 and decided to pass.  Yet I forked out $3,399 on two EUCs the day that I found out they existed ......  I still have no desire for a "real" unicycle. ......   ????    Nope! he must be wrong. 

However it is fun to watch Ed Pratt cross the world on one. https://www.youtube.com/user/worldunicycletour/playlists

40 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

Doesn't surprise me.  I know when I ride my e-assist mountain bike I get the stink eye from the regular bikers, these guys just don't get it.

true. manpowered bikes/unicycles are somehow nobler than battery powered ones in some people's mind. its not necessary to argue which is better. but "these guys just don't get it".

38 minutes ago, Mono said:

He's trolling, but who cares? After all, the "real thing" (AKA unicycles) is for people who didn't catch up with modern times.

It's true, riding an EUC is much easier than riding a unicycle, but who cares?

maybe the coachmen of the horse drawn carriages back in the 19th century also looked down to cars lol. well what do I know.

I can unicycle, other than some balancing its just two totally different experiences. You can argue nobility as much as you want for pedal powered, its just no-where near as pleasant and fun as EUCs.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Hmmmmm ????  I could have bought a " Real " unicycle at any time in my life for $78 and decided to pass.  Yet I forked out $3,399 on two EUCs the day that I found out they existed ......  I still have no desire for a "real" unicycle. ......   ????    Nope! he must be wrong. 

However it is fun to watch Ed Pratt cross the world on one. https://www.youtube.com/user/worldunicycletour/playlists

its odd that despite the higher speed, longer range and more exciting riding experience that EUCs/e-skateboards can bring to us, we still don't judge them, at least I haven't seen any so far. but I often saw some arrogant comments from these regular unicyclists/bikers towards us. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, null said:

I can unicycle, other than some balancing its just two totally different experiences. You can argue nobility as much as you want for pedal powered, its just no-where near as pleasant and fun as EUCs.

I'd rather discuss with my EUC fellows than wasting even 1 sec on this kind of guy :Ddeleted his comment instantly.