KanDao Qoocam 8K 360 Cam: APS-C, 4K 120fps 10-bit

houseofjob

49 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

woah, might be time to sell my Insta360 One X soon :o

Yeah, we were talking about this in this thread - 

I stayed up last night to find the announcement. I think this thing could be a game changer.

5 minutes ago, ZenRyder said:

Yeah, we were talking about this in this thread - 

I stayed up last night to find the announcement. I think this thing could be a game changer.

Yeah, I heard murmurings, but this was the first YouTube with actual event footage I found.

Workflow is gonna make or break this camera, like with all 360 cams....

Edited by houseofjob

Yes, I'm disappointed with the Hero 7 Black GPS function not working and I'm really upset about the 8 Max not releasing a Windows version of the Player app. This 8k camera looks quite a bit bigger, but they have desktop software for Windows and Mac that run for their higher end cameras. It looks like they have much better software than GoPro does. The battery life on the Qoocam 8k seems like the biggest negative in my book due to the lack of a swap-able battery pack.

7 minutes ago, ZenRyder said:

Yes, I'm disappointed with the Hero 7 Black GPS function not working and I'm really upset about the 8 Max not releasing a Windows version of the Player app. This 8k camera looks quite a bit bigger, but they have desktop software for Windows and Mac that run for their higher end cameras. It looks like they have much better software than GoPro does. The battery life on the Qoocam 8k seems like the biggest negative in my book due to the lack of a swap-able battery pack.

The GoPro Max will get there, since all 360 cams get first released with premature firmwares, and improve by leaps and bounds with each firmware, at least in year 1.

But this Qoocam 8K is in another league due to the larger camera sensors. Despite all the amazing tricks, like boosts in resolution, etc, via firmware these companies can do well after a 360 camera launch, they can't improve those base sensors with firmware.

My only concern is the CPU demands, both mobile & desktop, involved with stitching & flattening 8k into 4k, plus overheating, shorter battery life due to the higher 8k demands.

But if the workflow is anywhere near the ease of the Insta360 workflow, I'm sold! Finally a 360 that can do proper flattened 4k 120fps slow-mo!

• Like 1

I'll never be able to hang that monster off the end of my 9-foot selfie-stick :o  It'll probably droop 2-feet :)

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

I'll never be able to hang that monster off the end of my 9-foot selfie-stick :o  It'll probably droop 2-feet :)

I'm sure you'll figure it out if the resulting picture quality is double that of the current offerings. :D

• Like 1