Ks16x wobble conclusion 🤔

stephen

Guest PogArt Artur
3 minutes ago, stephen said:

So yesterday i went to Blackpool and met the guy who won kuji giveaway (ks16x)

He said the wheels not right i can't go above 20mph without it wobbling it just wobbles all the time 

I said not you as well there's been so many complaints about this , so then i was eager to try it and find out the problems of some wheels behaviour,,, he has the same tyre as mine CX ,,

I lifted it up and it didn't run as true as my own, i think the tyre needed reseating ( it was only slight out and that was holding it in the air which always looks worse than it is)

Anyway...i rode it😬

Guess what...

Perfect ,,, same as mine no wobbles,i did fast acceleration fast brakes, ride it up and down ,, still perfect,,, fastest i ride usually is 28mph but mostly over 20s but no wobble issue what's so ever 👍

At the same time i was riding his he rode mine,, yes you guessed it wobbled lol😁 he said yours wobbles to,, i said neither wobbles you just have adjust to it (he's about 70kg)

Maybe it's my weight 200lbs or because I've got the z10 which also had complaints about wobbles when it first came out i dunno🤔

Not every wheel will ride the same,,, I'm not saying i don't get wobbles i do,,, but then again i get them with every wheel at some point but this is where your body/brain needs to adjust to them i don't even think about it if it happens something clicks in my brain and then adjust my feet/lean/brake/accelerate all in a split second ,

I'm glad I've ridden a wheel with a big wobble issue which ended up with no wobble issue, I'd say the rider has got to give it chance and learn the characteristics of the wheel,, every wheel is different and won't always ride the same, if this was true people wouldn't have so many wheels maybe 😁

Ride it, learn it, and adjust to it 👍

Well spotted Stephen!

It's so many aspects regarding the riding skills, and we suppose to account them, and apply them in proper time while riding.

Good point 😁 

1 minute ago, PogArt Artur said:

Well spotted Stephen!

It's so many aspects regarding the riding skills, and we suppose to account them, and apply them in proper time while riding.

Good point 😁 

It was just nice to ride someone else's wheel and see for myself about the wobble issue he was having and maybe it's the same for other wheels👍

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, stephen said:

It was just nice to ride someone else's wheel and see for myself about the wobble issue he was having and maybe it's the same for other wheels👍

That's right!

It can be down to the different rider's weight as well 🤔

7 hours ago, buell47 said:

It's for sure both. New 16X rider have to get used to, but your own weight playing also a roll

<Snicker>

I see what you did there.

Wheels in general seem more prone to wobbles than any other vehicle I've ridden. I think there's a low upper speed limit on them because, assuming your wheel is perfectly balanced, they still wobble. 

I think weight/tyre pressure plays the biggest role in wobbling. Maybe your friend needs to lower his tyre pressure until he finds his sweet spot.

As a featherweight rider myself (55kg), I need incredibly low pressures to allow the tyre to conform to tiny road imperfections instead of tilting the wheel the other way and causing wobbles as it tries to restabilise.

The perfect pressure for me on a 2.5 inch tyre was 26. This allowed good mileage with no tyre bottoming out so far and no wobbles even on imperfect roads up to 55kph. 

I have yet to discover what the correct pressure is for me on a 16x, and still get the wobbles at anything above 36km/h on the same road.