Most convenient EUC for 1.3 last mile commute?

xorbe

I'm using my fun MTen3 currently, but it's awfully squirrelly.  My tank KS16X is overkill, I am not lugging that around lol.  Seems like I both undershot and overshot.  I was thinking maybe the KS14D (14") or V8 aka Glide3 (16") both at 30 lbs might be best choices for such a simple low speed use case?  It would be nice to have more stability than the MTen3 without 52 pounds of 16X machinery for such a short distance twice a day.  I'm collecting EUCs now it seems. img%5D

14 hours ago, Michael Smith said:

KS14D seems cheap and fits the bill.

Yeah I found a video comparing KS14D to V8/Glide3.  The KS is notably more compact.  Too bad there aren't more 12" wheels.  Even the KS14 looks quite a bit bigger than the MTen3.

Edited by xorbe

I have them both (well 14S, not D) and they are both great wheels. I would give the edge to the V8 for its larger pedals, thinner body and slightly more stable 16" riding. Your preferences may differ from mine but I also like the taller trolley handle of the V8 (I am 1.8m/83kg) since I often need to walk it. Though either one, you can't go wrong.

If you'd prefer to keep costs down then the Inmotion V5f is quite cheap if sourced from China direct. It weighs pretty much the same as the mten3 but has a 14" wheel and a handle with a cut off switch for stairs etc. You would have to wait 40 days for it to arrive though. It only has a 500W motor but, depending on your weight and terrain, it should handle your commute quite easily.

Edited by mike_bike_kite
  • Like 1

I'm just a beginner but I'm fairly sure the V5f would be a better option than those others you've found. The wheels the other guys mentioned are definitely much better wheels but obviously they are also quite a bit more expensive.  Also, if it's only a mile or so, there's always the extreme option of walking :)

Edited by mike_bike_kite

11 minutes ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Also, if it's only a mile or so, there's always the extreme option of walking :)

Well, I'd rather zip home, and use that 2*25 minutes to properly run later (best half marathon: 82 minutes).  Can't really lug all my stuff 1.3 miles twice a day very quickly on foot.

Edited by xorbe

So I ordered a 14" MCM5 but for fun, not for this last mile question.  I'll just keep using the 22 lbs MTen3 for commuting for now.  I noticed the 16.5 lbs 14" IPS i5, looks like a crap wheel that's perfect as a last mile solution!  But I am kind of allergic to things that aren't overbuilt with headroom though, and this seems kind of important for EUCs in particular.

Edited by xorbe