Kingsong App not responding

Eddie A. Steiner

Hey Guys, Since yesterday my Kingsong App is sort of locked up....all I get is the first white screen for about 15 seconds and then an error screen that says the app keeps closing? Anybody else feel my pain? It was working fine up to yesterday, uninstalled and reinstalled, same thing. Are the servers down? What the hell?

I wish I could give you better news Eddie, but I have struggled with the android app on a galaxy s8 since I got the 18l.  I used to use the old version of the kingsong app when I had the 16s and never really had any problems.  With the new version I get a lot of connection problems and disconnects.  I did clear my cache for the app the other day and it seemed like it worked better.  I plan on clearing the cache before the next ride to see if it helps.  I will let you know how it turns out.  

UPDATE: Alright, I tried uninstalling the app and then, instead of grabbing the app from the android store, I got it directly from the website. Same version (3.1.9) and lo and behold it opened. I had to start from scratch to put in all the info like password and stuff but finally got it to open......stress relief. Anyhow, if anyone is having problems with theirs, that's how I solved it. Thanks Joker for the replies.

Eddie

Same, my Google Pixel 2 updated Tuesday, just discovered today that the Kingsong app crashes on launch every time.  The version on the website is also 3.1.9 but opens up.

Edited by xorbe

On 10/11/2019 at 3:58 PM, xorbe said:

Same, my Google Pixel 2 updated Tuesday, just discovered today that the Kingsong app crashes on launch every time.  The version on the website is also 3.1.9 but opens up.

I have that exact same phone, thanks!

I finally got this stupid app to not instantly crash. LIke you said, only the app directly from kingsong.com works,

• 2 months later...