Ks16x firmware update

Humsuplow

Just got my wheel yesterday and it came with v1.06 . In my phone app v1.07 is available to upgrade. I turned my wheel on, tilted the wheel flat to the ground and press update on my ks phone app. For some reason the it's been going for half an hour now and the app hasn't changed. It's still a new wheel.  Just rode round the block. 

I had the same problem yesterday.  I received my wheel from an awesome member here and it had 1.0.6 already installed.  I immediately tried to update the firmware with my Samsung S10+.  Same thing, the circle just keeps spinning.  In addition, when I try to do calibration mode, it doesn't shut down the wheel.  The speedo and other stuff do seem to work though.

I then pulled out a 5 yr old Android tablet.  Downloaded the app directly from the website as well.  It connected and updated right away.  There was no wait time from the spinning circle to the Updating Firmware progress bar.  In addition, the calibration mode works as well.

I would say it's something to do with your device and the app.  Try using a different device if you can. :/

Thanks so much for your help.  Yes its definitely the phone.  Might be it has a security feature to prevent receiving those files.  I used another phone and it worked perfectly.  I've just done 5km on my wheel because the weather has not been kind.  I'm having trouble with my speed settings function.  Everytime I try to open it, it says something stupid like SORRY YOUR DEVICE CURRENT USAGE AREA IS INCONSISTENT WITH THE SALES AREA" did you face the same problem? 

Screenshot_20191002-175342_Kingsong.jpg

In my understanding the regional error comes up if you haven’t succesfully registered and logged in (and restarted) the app.

Edited by mrelwood

It's all done guys. The company I bought from sorted this out at kingsong and my wheel is derestricted with speed settings enabled. Im al Good to go. Ks16x V1.07 is ready to rock and roll....

4 hours ago, Humsuplow said:

It's all done guys. The company I bought from sorted this out at kingsong and my wheel is derestricted with speed settings enabled. Im al Good to go. Ks16x V1.07 is ready to rock and roll....

Keep us updated of how you like it 👍