Flyboard? Practical?

TedTheAtheist

https://www.zapata.com/air-products/flyboardair

I must say, once I saw this I got really excited. I mean, I don't know how feasible it is with today's technology, but I have a feeling it'll become a lot better pretty soon if it's not already.

Edit: I did more research. Looks like it's far from practical yet.. but man, one day it will be.

Edited by TedTheAtheist

4 minutes ago, TedTheAtheist said:

https://www.zapata.com/air-products/flyboardair

I must say, once I saw this I got really excited. I mean, I don't know how feasible it is with today's technology, but I have a feeling it'll become a lot better pretty soon if it's not already.

It's death on jets, because should anything go wrong at all, the fall is almost always fatal. That's why he usually flies it over water.

Suppose he makes that flyboard utterly reliable. Then I could see such flyboard being extremely useful, because you could transport yourself to places that don't need road infrastructure.

Edited by LanghamP

I’ve watched so many of Zapata’s videos over the years. He is amazingly skilled at inventing and flying. 

I do like flying but worry about one of the jet engines taking a dump. His new invention looks like a blast, much safer and cheaper! 

1 hour ago, neurokinetik said:

..and you think we get some dumbfounded reactions when riding EUCs, this would take it to another level.  :lol:

My lake neighbor’s would love this thing and I’m sure they would be dumbfounded but I’ve shocked them in the past when I landed on my property so they would probably just laugh it off. 

• Like 1