IPS151 680Wh 30Kph 1000Watts 16Inch with APP

1kw

People stress about shutoffs but it's not too big of a deal for me. Faceplanting is kind of a given in riding these things. Plus, are you sure you're going to be needing that 70km range? That's over 40 miles.

What is interesting is that the IPS 151 is the first IPS model to have more  than 340wh batteries. Even the top model LHOTZ is limited to 32 cells / 340 Wh. 

Besides of the longer range, this  model might also be safer in comparison to a similar IPS 121 because of the higher number of cells (?)

• 1 month later...

I ride one of the older versions of IPS122 and considering it is about 2 generations Older I have not experienced a random power shutdown yet.  This is for a period of 8 months.  Only times the unit has shutdown on me is over torquing by going up an incline of about 20-25% on half battery and trying to accelerate.  I've never experienced an overspeed shutdown before as I don't push my unit passed what is stated as top speed and pull back when I hear the warning sounds so can't really comment on that.

I don't think from experience that any EUs currently are except from over speeding shutdowns or over torquing.  As on one of my last group rides a user of the most recent Gotway MCM4 over torqued and faceplanted and this was on a incline of about 10% and the MCM4 is considered the most safest and most advanced wheels to date.  This is of course not assuming that there was an internal fault with the unit he had.

1 hour ago, Chuts said:

I ride one of the older versions of IPS122 and considering it is about 2 generations younger I have not experienced a random power shutdown yet.  This is for a period of 8 months.  Only times the unit has shutdown on me is over torquing by going up an incline of about 20-25% on half battery and trying to accelerate.  I've never experienced an overspeed shutdown before as I don't push my unit passed what is stated as top speed and pull back when I hear the warning sounds so can't really comment on that.

I don't think from experience that any EUs currently are except from over speeding shutdowns or over torquing.  As on one of my last group rides a user of the most recent Gotway MCM4 over torqued and faceplanted and this was on a incline of about 10% and the MCM4 is considered the most safest and most advanced wheels to date.  This is of course not assuming that there was an internal fault with the unit he had.

over torquing FP is my major concern, I have an IPS Lhotz 340Wh, but at 100kg over torquing happens regularly (had 1 really nasty FP)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I just ordered the IPS Lhotz 340, but I was really considering the IPS151 as it has double as much battery and as we know in cold days battery last less and also range stated by manufacturers is almost never right.

Even if they say this is 70km range, I suppose a 80kg person would get 40-55km out of it? (not sure) What would mean 1h commute each way at 20-25kmh on average (In the case you can't charge it at work this would be OK, but less battery wouldn't...)

There was not enough info about the IPS151 online, so I got the Lhotz...

Also I could only find one seller for it, it isn't even on Taobao/Tmall/JD...

The IPS Lhotz 340 is 40km range, I'll have to do 30km each day (around 45min each way at 20kmh, and still faster than the bus! :) ), I'll try not charging it at work to test if it last that long... (Most likely one day I'll just forget to plug it haha) (Once I unlock the 30kmh after reaching 100km spending all my weekend re-charging and riding it non-stop on the park haha).

It would be good to know if someone got the IPS151, and also find more suppliers for it.

Best Regards, ;) 

Jean

Archived