What wheels do not cut off from oversurge

Phraggle

So,I'm new to this forum,I was looking for a new wheel and wanted to seek out advice and opinions on other wheels etc. I've recieved a lot of insight that's  been tremendously helpful. I'm still new to EUC's,but I've got around 1,400 miles between my 2 wheels,so I figured it's time to level up. I have a ninebot one E+,and an old Gotway Msuper. 

Long story short,I was having issues connecting the old gotway app Marty Backe posted( my old phone died),but finally got it to connect. I reset the speed,and like a dummy I jumped on it without the protective gear I usually always wear just to see how much speed I gained. I was only gonna go out my drive way and go a few hundred feet and come back. There is a radar and speed sign about 200 ft from my mailbox and I wanted to push it it hard for a second and see what my mph was. You all know where this is going.. 

It really started beeping at 18 mph,I pushed it until the sign read 19mph and wanted to see if i could get 20....and,it oversurged and it cut out.

Sooo,I'm bandaged up right now pretty good,and have a new criteria for my next wheel! Obviously I can't be trusted to respect the beeps on my own like a grown up,so I'm wondering what wheels just will simply limit the speed before it gets to a cut off point and not just cut off to prove I'm a dum dum for pushing it. 

My top picks up till today are the new KS18S,the new MSX or the monster 22 inch( many of you have changed my mind about the monster,so it's less likely), all of these are significantly faster and more powerful than anything I own currently. I was pretty much settled on the MSX,but I thought I remember reading a review somewhere that the KS18S doesn't cut off,am I remembering that correctly? If not, is there a wheel like that doesn't . I don't remember where I read or saw that,and I've been reading and watching revues pretty obsessively the last few weeks,so I don't know if I'd be able to find that revue if it did exist. I know some of you have these wheels,maybe you might have those answers. 

Thanks!

Btw,the Gotway Msuper I have is old,first gen,so I know the cut off is awfully close to the beep and,there's no tilt back on mine,so even if there is no wheel without a cut off,even a good distance from beep to cut off will suffice.

1 hour ago, Phraggle said:

So,I'm new to this forum,I was looking for a new wheel and wanted to seek out advice and opinions on other wheels etc. I've recieved a lot of insight that's  been tremendously helpful. I'm still new to EUC's,but I've got around 1,400 miles between my 2 wheels,so I figured it's time to level up. I have a ninebot one E+,and an old Gotway Msuper. 

Long story short,I was having issues connecting the old gotway app Marty Backe posted( my old phone died),but finally got it to connect. I reset the speed,and like a dummy I jumped on it without the protective gear I usually always wear just to see how much speed I gained. I was only gonna go out my drive way and go a few hundred feet and come back. There is a radar and speed sign about 200 ft from my mailbox and I wanted to push it it hard for a second and see what my mph was. You all know where this is going.. 

It really started beeping at 18 mph,I pushed it until the sign read 19mph and wanted to see if i could get 20....and,it oversurged and it cut out.

Sooo,I'm bandaged up right now pretty good,and have a new criteria for my next wheel! Obviously I can't be trusted to respect the beeps on my own like a grown up,so I'm wondering what wheels just will simply limit the speed before it gets to a cut off point and not just cut off to prove I'm a dum dum for pushing it. 

My top picks up till today are the new KS18S,the new MSX or the monster 22 inch( many of you have changed my mind about the monster,so it's less likely), all of these are significantly faster and more powerful than anything I own currently. I was pretty much settled on the MSX,but I thought I remember reading a review somewhere that the KS18S doesn't cut off,am I remembering that correctly? If not, is there a wheel like that doesn't . I don't remember where I read or saw that,and I've been reading and watching revues pretty obsessively the last few weeks,so I don't know if I'd be able to find that revue if it did exist. I know some of you have these wheels,maybe you might have those answers. 

Thanks!

I'm surprised the MSuper cut out at 19mph - isn't it a 30 mph wheel?

All wheels have a cut out point, it's up to you to set the tiltback speed. 

I think what you're asking for is voltage based tiltback. I don't think any wheel has that feature yet. 

Fundamental laws of physics - all electric DC motors run out of torque when they reach maximum speed ... otherwise they would not have a max speed, they'd just keep accelerating and you'd have yourself an infinite energy machine.

Safest thing you can do is set a safety buffer (tilt-back speed) on your wheel that is well inside the top end of it's performance envelope. However the safety margin diminishes with battery level so keep that in mind too.

• Upvote 2

If you don't trust yourself with the beeps, enable tiltback.

On Gotways, it can be set to any speed up to 48kph (but not more due to the anicent app), but it can also be disabled and you would have to listen to the beeps. The Gotway tiltback is quite mellow and comfortable.

On Kingsongs, you cannot disable the top speed tiltback, but it's quite sudden (brown pants moment).

MSX (or Nikola) seems like a good choice. Hard to overspeed with a wheel that can go 60+kph, because you'll never go that fast anyways (right?).

Yup,that's the one that bit me! I can't find tilt back mode on the app. I vaguely remember having that option in the app on my old phone,but I can't find it. If I hit "advanced settings" it directs me back to main menu. I must have disabled it at some point,now I can't find it. The old app isn't very informative, it's just got settings like "Madden mode",and "comfort mode" and some basics like recalibration etc. but I don't see tilt back anywhere.