Right steps to finish Horizontal Calibration

Micheal Shen

if you dont have anything to brace it on or hold it up you can just use a spirit level and hold it steady while doing the calibration.. KS wheels are awkward to do because of the pedal lip unless you happen to have a stand that holds it up on the pedal arms

Yesterday, i made a video about how to solve firmware upgrade failure. below is when firmware upgrade is failure.

image.png.516e561056db65d0faa00b586874098d.png

1. I downgraded new KS-18XL V1.13 to KS-18XL V1.12

2. Pushed the wheel for 3~5 meters forward and backward,  the wheel lost balance for 3 seconds

3. After 3 seconds, the wheel recovered its balance, then i kept pushing and the wheel lost balance in random time, while it would recover soon.

Then i realized, I forgot one step -  Finish horizontal calibration after firmware upgrade.

It is really horrible to forget such important step, especially for new riders.

Firmware upgrade will reset the balance data in the controller, some wheels balancing have as same as reset balance data, but some wheels not.

Please keep in mind the right steps to do horizontal calibration and remember finish horizontal calibration after upgrade to new firmware or downgrade to old firmware!

Balance data will need to be calibrated in follow case

1. Change motor or controller board

2. Firmware upgrade

3. Violent impact

4. Change inner cover

Before riding the EUC, there are something need to check 

1. Connect APP to see any malfunction remind

image.png.4c93deadbcb681e19c85e71173394cf7.png

2. After power on, wait 1~3 seconds until it's vertical to the ground, push forward or backward to see whether it's really on balancing status

3. when charging 100%, shall not downhill since downhill will recharging the battery(while battery is in full capacity) and do harms to the battery cells

4. Lift up the wheel to check whether lift-up function work well

5.Better to check device information to find defect information in advance

image.png.29d8b7c7f6f26661f07c1186b6750907.png

6. EUC actors experience lots of falls to show excellent movement. If you want to learn, it's better to recognize a teacher to help you.

Enjoying free time with the wheel!!

Edited by Micheal Shen
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2