V10F DarknessBot app unlock speed limit - Does it work?

Azze80

Questions:

1. Can someone confirm if this still is possible to do, to unlock the speed limit on V10F from 40kmph to 45kmph?
  2. Is this a bad thing or not?
  3. How do one do this?
  4. Is DarknessBot app a 3rd party app that is accepted by IM?
  5. How does this affect the wheel/battery, is the throttling still linear after 70% battery then?

Thanks!

Edited by Azze80

On 7/21/2019 at 11:29 AM, Azze80 said:

Is this a bad thing or not?

If you don't understand the dynamics of electromotors and the consequences of running out of reserve torque, then it is a very bad thing. If you have not yet understood that high speed prevents high currents, don't do it. You most likely increase your chances to be seriously injured by a significant margin.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Azze80 said:

Is DarknessBot app a 3rd party app that is accepted by IM?

No, AFAIK.

How does this affect the wheel/battery, is the throttling still linear after 70% battery then?

In contrast to most other vehicles, speed limitation of a self-balancing wheel is not done by "throttling" or by reducing the power output. That means, increasing (or removing) the speed limit does not increase the power output of the wheel. It just leaves you with less reserve power to stay balanced at a higher speed.

Edited by Mono

• 3 months later...
On 7/21/2019 at 11:29 AM, Azze80 said:

Questions:

1. Can someone confirm if this still is possible to do, to unlock the speed limit on V10F from 40kmph to 45kmph? Is possible but i use EUC WORLD app 
  2. Is this a bad thing or not? is good for acceleration and feel of whell. Its bad for safety in high speeds
  3. How do one do this? Use EUC WORLD (or whellog) app and set speed to 45 kmh now important things after change not use again inmotion app 
  4. Is DarknessBot app a 3rd party app that is accepted by IM? No acepted  but not ruin you warranty. 
  5. How does this affect the wheel/battery, is the throttling still linear after 70% battery then? Wheel feels faster and more agile you batery burn is faster too logicaly. Throttling is still here because is batery based  is you safety .    

Thanks!

• Like 1

I unlocked my V8 and had it cut out on me. I don't think it was a lack of torque but the bms/motherboard tripped some kind of max current protection circuit and the wheel turned off. It was no fun.

It was a lot of fun until it happened though. Unlocked the wheel basically didn't tiltback, just warn. That's a very nice and good feeling, UNTILL you push it too far and it cuts out.

I could have sworn I didn't push it the hardest when it happened. I did however ride the wheel for 9000km locked and 500km unlocked. 500km unlocked was enough for an incident, 9000km locked and no incident. I'm going back to locked.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Does nothing on the V10F

in the DB app I set it to 45km/h

it shows that it’s limited to 45km/h in the INMOTION app

the wheel doesn’t go faster than 40km/h on the GPS

don’t take notice of what the wheel reports to the apps as it reads 10% high

i have seen 42km/h on the GPS but only for a split second

its a 38km/h wheel for the most part with the occasional brief moment of 40km/h, but you have to ride the tilt hard

also speed throttling etc... is unchanged 

I did something to my wheel and stopped getting speed warnings 

it was great, and today I reset it and it won’t shut up, danger slow down...

ahh shut up LOL

back in the corner, hello MSX!!!

Edited by Trevor Phillips

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

So I just saw by accident in EUC World that you can set it to 45km/h and was like wtf?

Did some research and can not find a whole lot of conversations about this, this seems to be the best thread discussing the hidden 45km/h limit on the V10F.

I like the reply from DjPanJan above but I'm wondering if there are more people who can share their actual experience riding with this limit? Is it a good or bad idea and for what reason in your opinion?

My own train of thought is that it can allow you to ride in the area of 40km/h without the tiltback/warning (given enough battery) in moments when you want/need it and if tiltback is voltage based I don't see any downsides of doing that if you can maintain control and don't consider less range an issue?

Edited by Rawnei

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

So I just saw by accident in EUC World that you can set it to 45km/h and was like wtf?

Did some research and can not find a whole lot of conversations about this, this seems to be the best thread discussing the hidden 45km/h limit on the V10F.

I like the reply from DjPanJan above but I'm wondering if there are more people who can share their actual experience riding with this limit? Is it a good or bad idea and for what reason in your opinion?

My own train of thought is that it can allow you to ride in the area of 40km/h without the tiltback/warning (given enough battery) in moments when you want/need it and if tiltback is voltage based I don't see any downsides of doing that if you can maintain control and don't consider less range an issue?

No magic here if you set 45 km/h V10F strill ride 40km/h this change acleleration and braking characteristic. If you set 45km/h aceleration be more efortless. BIG CONS IS BRAKING IS AFECTED IN NEGATIVE WAY! If you want play with this settings be responsible and try/learn/test on parking place and geared etc because V10F act like diferent EUC and you need relearn.

Anyway V10F is just weak to/for 40+km/h Speed is in reality 35km/h machine. Same like KS16X is 45km/h not 50km/h EUC. V10F only 6 mosfets weak batterymachine  is just casual EUC what make casual people happy if you need more power/range/speed/troley take 16X (universal euc V10F on steroids) or go MSP 2500W 1800Wh this is pure power(not that practical like 16X or V10F) but you can cruise 55/60 Km/h or climb 30/40 degree hills like nothing.

All is about preference.

End of story.  :popcorn:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

No magic here if you set 45 km/h V10F strill ride 40km/h this change acleleration and braking characteristic. If you set 45km/h aceleration be more efortless. BIG CONS IS BRAKING IS AFECTED IN NEGATIVE WAY! If you want play with this settings be responsible and try/learn/test on parking place and geared etc because V10F act like diferent EUC and you need relearn.

Anyway V10F is just weak to/for 40+km/h Speed is in reality 35km/h machine. Same like KS16X is 45km/h not 50km/h EUC. V10F only 6 mosfets weak batterymachine  is just casual EUC what make casual people happy if you need more power/range/speed/troley take 16X (universal euc V10F on steroids) or go MSP 2500W 1800Wh this is pure power(not that practical like 16X or V10F) but you can cruise 55/60 Km/h or climb 30/40 degree hills like nothing.

All is about preference.

End of story.  :popcorn:

Thanks for the input, very insightful, then it feels like the best idea is to just leave it at 40 with all things considered. 😀

I've actually considered an MSP or it's successor sometime in the future maybe next year, I'm a new rider and just got the V10F so not in a super hurry to upgrade or go high speed, just thinking about the options.

• Like 1

So I actually came up with an interesting idea for a compromise that I will test out. 🙂

I set max speed to 42km/h and have EUC World alarm set to 40km/h, that way I can at least stay around/close to 40 when I want to and avoid the klaxon-alarm, cruising will in most normal cases likely be around 25-35 anyway..

So will see how this affects braking and acceleration as well.

• Like 1

So, that didn't work out as planned, set the limit to 42km/h in EUC World but that led to some odd behaviour on the V10F, got early tilt-back at 34, speed down klaxon alert at 37.. set it back to 40 via Inmotion app and it's back to normal with tilt-back around 36 and klaxon around 40..

• 2 weeks later...

So, after more experimentation I managed to get the 45km/h limit to work but the difference is not huge. With this setting you will normally get tiltback a bit later then usual around 37 so it's not easy to reach and stay around or above 40 even with this limit set.

How to get it working: Set speed in EUC World, immediatly after it's set push the handle button to make it take effect, open the Inmotion App and verify beneath the speedometer that it says 45km/h then you can close the Inmotion App.

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

So, after more experimentation I managed to get the 45km/h limit to work but the difference is not huge. With this setting you will normally get tiltback a bit later then usual around 37 so it's not easy to reach and stay around or above 40 even with this limit set.

How to get it working: Set speed in EUC World, immediatly after it's set push the handle button to make it take effect, open the Inmotion App and verify beneath the speedometer that it says 45km/h then you can close the Inmotion App.

I am curious can you feel difernce in aceleration/braking if  set v10f to 45km/h? Because my experience and others who tested this settings is aceleration more efortless but braking have slower reaction(is hard to explain something you can feel). Congratulation to V11 not my choice(need more batches imho) but welcome to power EUC club. :thumbup: 

22 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

I am curious can you feel difernce in aceleration/braking if  set v10f to 45km/h? Because my experience and others who tested this settings is aceleration more efortless but braking have slower reaction(is hard to explain something you can feel). Congratulation to V11 not my choice(need more batches imho) but welcome to power EUC club. :thumbup: 

I'm not sure, still trying to figure out, might be as you say easier to accelerate but more difficult to brake but I haven't done any side by side settings testing for that, but overall it does feel like a smoother ride to me.

• Like 1