Board corrosion. Water damage? Help?

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be most appreciative. I tore down my IPS Zero 260 because it simply wouldn't charge anymore. This, after a few stages of degrading performance (e.g. a one-off cutout at low speed, limited range, erroneous low battery warning, wouldn't charge past 80% or so, etc.). These occurred over a period of a few months of daily use. 

Thinking that I had bad cells (I don't know, just guessing) I decided to remove the battery pack and get an estimate to build a new one. I know it'll be tough to afford that but I hate being without my EUC. 

As I got into it I also checked all the connections and wires for any sign of shorts. Finding no serious wiring issues I decided to look at the board and this is what I found (see pics).

Link to full resolution pics in my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1ML7ZwkBCOBkzBhUFISRJnN_qxOSg1ZkY

I'm certainly no expert but it doesn't look good to me. 

Could the corrosion and water damage seen in the pics be the cause of all my issues? Replacing the batteries will likely be prohibitive but a board repaired might be doable. But, I'd hate to do a board repair only to find out I've not solved the problems and that I'll still need batteries. Any thoughts? 

Also, if you know of anyone who could do the work please give recommendations. I'm in south Orange County CA.

38 minutes ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Was there actually water on the board? A lot of that looks like the solder resin and solder done by hand.

It was never exposed to water other than riding in the rain a couple of times. Even then, I covered the power switch and charge port with duct tape, avoided puddles, etc. 

Do you think the board appears as if it should be operating normally?

8 hours ago, Harold Farrenkopf said:

Did you find any water on the board?

No. There I didn't find any water on the board when I opened it up but then again... I haven't ridden it in the rain for several months. 

On 6/12/2019 at 10:28 PM, Freewheeler said:

If anyone can shed some light on this I'd be most appreciative. I tore down my IPS Zero 260 because it simply wouldn't charge anymore. This, after a few stages of degrading performance (e.g. a one-off cutout at low speed, limited range, erroneous low battery warning, wouldn't charge past 80% or so, etc.). These occurred over a period of a few months of daily use. 

Thinking that I had bad cells (I don't know, just guessing) I decided to remove the battery pack and get an estimate to build a new one. I know it'll be tough to afford that but I hate being without my EUC. 

All this symptoms point to bad cells.

One thing could be the charger delivering not enough max voltage and so not balancing the cells?

As I got into it I also checked all the connections and wires for any sign of shorts. Finding no serious wiring issues I decided to look at the board and this is what I found (see pics).

Link to full resolution pics in my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1ML7ZwkBCOBkzBhUFISRJnN_qxOSg1ZkY

I'm certainly no expert but it doesn't look good to me. 

As @Harold FarrenkopfFarrenkopf wrote this could be just solder resin.

But it is not really to be seen on your fotos - could you make a detail foto of this part.

Were does this silver wire go to? Is it the bluetooth antenna?

Could the corrosion and water damage seen in the pics be the cause of all my issues?

Most likely not. Imho.

But a valid remote diagnosis is not possible with this information.

Replacing the batteries will likely be prohibitive but a board repaired might be doable. But, I'd hate to do a board repair only to find out I've not solved the problems and that I'll still need batteries. Any thoughts? 

Open the battery pack and measure rhe single cell voltages. Or are there ~15-17 wires coming out of the battery pack beside the charge and discharge wires? Then you could measure there.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:36 AM, Chriull said:

All this symptoms point to bad cells.

One thing could be the charger delivering not enough max voltage and so not balancing the cells?

As @Harold FarrenkopfFarrenkopf wrote this could be just solder resin.

But it is not really to be seen on your fotos - could you make a detail foto of this part.

Were does this silver wire go to? Is it the bluetooth antenna?

But a valid remote diagnosis is not possible with this information.

Open the battery pack and measure rhe single cell voltages. Or are there ~15-17 wires coming out of the battery pack beside the charge and discharge wires? Then you could measure there.

Thanks for the reply. The wire appears to be for Bluetooth. I'll try to take a better photo. And yes, there are multiple wires coming from the battery pack. I think I have a volt meter somewhere. I'll check and see.