Which wheel should I buy?

Dustin

Which wheel (manufacturer) is more reliable is arguable at this point. They have different reputations but I would argue all wheels are reliable circa 2019.

Customer service is a function of the dealer that you buy the wheel from.

Which wheel performs best is impossible to answer in a vacuum. There is no perfect wheel. Which wheel is best depends on the type of riding that you do.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

@Marty Backe which of your wheels has the highest mileage? And which of your wheels have you spent the most time wrenching on?

You make some fantastic content, friend. And I have found your information to be consistently reliable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Declan acoustic-unicyclist said:

@Marty Backe which of your wheels has the highest mileage? And which of your wheels have you spent the most time wrenching on?

You make some fantastic content, friend. And I have found your information to be consistently reliable. 

My oldest wheel is the original Monster (2-1/2 years) and it's one of my highest mileage wheels. None of my wheels have ever accumulated lots of miles (compared to some people I know with 5000+ miles on their wheels) because I have so many wheels all my miles get distributed.

The Monster has been torn apart the most followed by my 2nd oldest wheel, an ACM (which was converted to an ACM2).

Edited by Marty Backe

On 6/11/2019 at 11:20 PM, Dustin said:

I'd like to know which wheel is most reliable,

Impossible to say because you won't base your purchase on this.

Imagine we said the Mten3 is the most reliable wheel. Are you going to buy that if your plan is to do 20+ mile trips over different types of surfaces?

Imagine it is the Gotway Monster and you have to take your wheel up 20 stairs and in a bus every day?

which has the best customer service,

The best question to ask is: which dealer has the best customer service. Wheel manufacturers will in the best case send you some parts, and then you are left with opening and fixing your wheel, which is not a straightforward task.

and which performs the best.

What is best? Speed, agility, range ... ?

• Like 1