New MSX owner Android app questions

Cracka

I don't have a wheel near me or the app, so I can't remember the exact verbiage. The Alarm Setting screen has three buttons. The first two (from the top) disable the 1st and 2nd alarm. The third button re-enables all of the alarms.

Thanks

What about tilt back, i set it to 24 Kph for learning  and tested it by lifting the wheel off the ground and throttling It Forward till it hit tilt back. It seemed kind of scary because once it hit tilt back the wheel seem to throttle up really high kind of scared me and the wife said what the hell are you doing.

When you're riding the wheel and hit tilt back is it smooth or sketchy.

Should I just set the tilt back to the max speed and just listen to the beeps.

I plan on staying under 24 kilometers per hour in the beginning.

"open all alarms" followed by "default alarms" resets the alarms for me. Only "default alarms" does nothing for me. I use the old non-socila app from the Download section here.

The tiltback was presumably so strong because the wheel spun up but, due to you holding it, it didn't get back to level right away, so it spun up more.

You can set the tiltback to a low speed and just test how it feels. Reportedly it's very nice and gradual.

10 minutes ago, Cracka said:

Does anybody know what this button does circled in red. I pushed it and just want to make sure it didn't mess anything up. Man my shins are sore.

Screenshot_2019-05-30-08-33-06.jpg

For anything but setting your tiltback and alarms, use Wheelog. I don't remember exactly, but I believe the button soft-resets the interface, or something.

Your shins are gonna be sore a while. The wheel takes some time getting accustomed to. Keep at it though.

All Gotways report their voltages as if the wheels were 67.2V wheels (scaled down by 16/20 for 84V or 16/24 for 100.8V). Why? Because otherwise GW would have to change their app, and that would also be a problem because the wheels can't communicate what wheel they are.

So the Chinese did this hack instead. Hey, it worked;)

So the battery percentage in the app is useless I just need to look at the voltage display correct.

Is it okay to charge at 5 amps with the E Wheels fast charger on the first charge or should I back it off to like 3 amps

No, the voltage is useless and the battery percentage is correct (because the app gets the wrong voltage, but since it uses the formula for 67.2V, it computes the correct percentage - the app is "67.2V only" and other voltage wheels report their voltage falsely so it still works).

Percentage is just a linear interpolation between empty (3.3V per cell) and full (4.1125V per cell). Not a real percentage in terms of capacity used and left.

Math:

63.92V * 20/16 [scale up to correct voltage] * 1/20 [per cell] = 3.995V per cell

(3.995V - 3.3V) / (4.1125V - 3.3V) = 0.855 = 85% (you see 84%, not sure why)

You can charge with 5 amps right away. Battery wise that's still a low current. The charge port cabling is the critical part, but 5A is ok by all reports (not more!).

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help, i got it all figured out now. Part of the confusion was my wheel arrived with a full charge instead of what I thought should have been storage charge.

I thought my Trampa electric mountain board and onewheel were fun. probably  going to sell both so I can purchase another wheel.

Wife's getting a little jealous of all the wheel fondling though. What can you do

20190531_073227.jpg

• Upvote 1