Choice so difficult.. your advice ?

Hello everyone,

I am in a difficult choice. For financial reasons I can not keep two EUCs at home and i’m making a choice.  

Currently I have a Tesla 1020w 1900 V1 November 2017. excellent wheel but the trolley is a bit small (I measure 1,93m for 87kg).  to say that it is useless.  I regularly take transport but I do not prevail because too heavy and cluttering.  What do you think about MCM5 800w?  and sell my Tesla?  

I'm waiting for your advice :) 

I've been slowly warming up to the idea of getting a Tesla, but I'd like to know what's the condition. I don't really care for the outward appearance as long as the shell stays in one piece, but mostly has the battery been taken care of and have there been any other issues. Also naturally, how much are you asking for it, preferably with shipping cost to Finland?

EDIT: Sorry, you were asking for advice about selling the wheel, I though this was the Private sales -section ;)  Still, if the wheel's in good condition and you decide to sell it (on the cheap ;)), I might be interested, but keep in mind that the ride season for non-winter riders here is short, so I can't wait for months on decision (then I'll just wait for the next year :P).

Also, people riding Teslas or otherwise more on-the-know of Teslas, how many hardware revisions have there been since Nov 2017? Anything to look out for? Maybe I should make a separate thread about that and not hijack this one...

On 4/27/2019 at 12:06 AM, esaj said:

I've been slowly warming up to the idea of getting a Tesla, but I'd like to know what's the condition. I don't really care for the outward appearance as long as the shell stays in one piece, but mostly has the battery been taken care of and have there been any other issues. Also naturally, how much are you asking for it, preferably with shipping cost to Finland?

EDIT: Sorry, you were asking for advice about selling the wheel, I though this was the Private sales -section ;)  Still, if the wheel's in good condition and you decide to sell it (on the cheap ;)), I might be interested, but keep in mind that the ride season for non-winter riders here is short, so I can't wait for months on decision (then I'll just wait for the next year :P).

Also, people riding Teslas or otherwise more on-the-know of Teslas, how many hardware revisions have there been since Nov 2017? Anything to look out for? Maybe I should make a separate thread about that and not hijack this one...

@esaj I created a thread about the revisions:

This should help.

With regards to @kelec_947 situation I would expect Gotway use the same trolley handle frame on the Tesla as the MCM5 so on a a 14" wheel your trolley height might be actually lower. 

I went with the 16" as it seems to be the best overall choice. Users who have multiple wheels have the luxury of a smaller, more nimble 14" for short commutes or city use and a 18" for touring. 

@Marty Backe can probably talk to the trolley height. I think he has both wheels (sorry Marty for dropping you in it!).

2 hours ago, rinzler said:

@esaj I created a thread about the revisions:

This should help.

With regards to @kelec_947 situation I would expect Gotway use the same trolley handle frame on the Tesla as the MCM5 so on a a 14" wheel your trolley height might be actually lower. 

I went with the 16" as it seems to be the best overall choice. Users who have multiple wheels have the luxury of a smaller, more nimble 14" for short commutes or city use and a 18" for touring. 

@Marty Backe can probably talk to the trolley height. I think he has both wheels (sorry Marty for dropping you in it!).

Surprisingly, the fully extended height of the MCM5 is significantly higher then the bigger Tesla.

• Tesla: 33-inches
  • MCM5: 38-inches

These measurements are from the ground to the top of the handle opening (where your fingers touch when pulling up on the trolley handle).

Archived