App problems V5F

Gasmantle

Hi all,

I've just received my V5F today and as a first time user I'm getting a bit stuck with the app so I'm hoping someone can help.

Is there just one app for all Inmotion models as the one I have installed shows a picture of a V8 on the opening page and then just gives the message 'searching' it's been like that over an hour an nothing happens.

Another page on the app asks for the serial number but when I enter it I get the message 'SCV is not connected'

Any help gratefully received - thanks.

I don't have an inmotion but there should be only one app for all. The wheel most probably have to be turned on to connect, try force quitting the app, check that bluetooth is on or restarting the phone device (?)

Edited by Mimolette

One app for all. I had an issue connecting at first as well...I had to make sure English was selected as the language first! Didnt need to enter SCV serial to get it all to run. I still havent entered it to this day.

Might not be your problem, but worth trying. Let us know :)

Thanks, I've heard of others having had connection problems so I'll keep trying over the next few hours and hopefully it will resolve itself.

As for learning to ride it I find it harder than I expected but will persevere, I'm sure it will fall into play in a couple of days.

Guest PogArt Artur
2 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

Thanks, I've heard of others having had connection problems so I'll keep trying over the next few hours and hopefully it will resolve itself.

As for learning to ride it I find it harder than I expected but will persevere, I'm sure it will fall into play in a couple of days.

I've just read you're still struggling regarding the connection...

It's supposed to be great moment receiving the EUC and all those first settings, but then sometimes instead of fun it's headache.

I hope you will sort the app issue asap.

I've heard tthat learning on 14" wheel is much easier, and the V5F is very good wheel to manoeuvre and easy to master :)

Good luck! 

Many thanks guys, I uninstalled the app then reinstalled and it now seems to be behaving itself :)

I'm pleased with the wheel and think I'll get the hang of it after a couple of days, at the moment my main problem is getting on it - I need to hold onto something but once I'm on I can kinda make a bit of progress :)

Good work! You will be fine. Many people struggle to mount without help and ride off. I spent a lot of time on doing it at the beginning and am fine with it now, others have lots of miles under their belt and still struggle to mount. Horses for courses. Theres no 'right' way. Whatever works for you. Everyone gets it in the end, but some prefer to develop their skills in different orders :)

You can get to ride pretty well while still needing support to start, doesn’t matter much, it will come. I had ridden well over 100km before I could (S2 without pads)

Thanks guys, that's reassuring.

I think the problem I'm having is that because its still early days I'm unsteady so I kinda climb aboard while it's stationary using something to hold onto then start moving. Once I'm on it's not too bad so I need to try and get a bit of movement before getting my second foot on so that I can manage without without needing to hold onto something.

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, Gasmantle said:

Thanks guys, that's reassuring.

I think the problem I'm having is that because its still early days I'm unsteady so I kinda climb aboard while it's stationary using something to hold onto then start moving. Once I'm on it's not too bad so I need to try and get a bit of movement before getting my second foot on so that I can manage without without needing to hold onto something.

I've learnt getting on as a last thing? Lol :)

I am still crap :)

I'm struggling to place the feet equally, usually one foot, or the other is up front, or a bit backward compared to the other, lol :)

I'm still working on it, to get it right :)

Lol :)

Try not to get disheartened...remember... no one can stay balanced on a stationary wheel, expert or not! So that leaves us with one option only - you need to get your foot on and get moving asap. No time to dilly-dally. On some wheels the mount-to-move transition is easier - my Z6 feels glued to the floor compared to my V5, but in reality the difference is fractions of a second - theres simply more mass in the Z to delay it toppling and a wider contact patch helps, but theres still no time to hang about. Initially you will struggle, and you will certainly be getting your foot in the wrong place during the rush, but it will come. I am not going to suggest which to do first - (learn to ride or learn to mount), but keep at it. It takes perseverence but the results will be worth it!

I have the Solowheel branded model (Glide 2) and I can't change the alarm sounds anymore (couldn't install sound packs and can't even get to them anymore). It just shows a message in Chinese and doesn't let me in. I really want to change the alarm to the stock Inmotion one as it sounds nice, but mostly because the Solowheel alarm sounds bad. I don't want some random lady in my wheel screaming, "Danger, please slow down!!!" so the whole neighborhood could hear. Anybody else facing that issue with their Glides or know a solution?

I managed to change my speed alarm but didn't use an Inmotion sound so not sure I can help. I recorded myself into the app saying 'slow down' (somewhat more quietly than the original!). Are you able to record from the phone mic?

Never mind. I used the Google Translate photo feature to translate that Chinese message and it said that the wheel's motor had to be off to edit certain things. The problem is now fixed. Though I don't get why they couldn't have an English version of that message as I have English set as my language, and that message was one of the most important things that should've been translated.