Bloomberg News Report about Ninebot and E-Scooters

From the article inmotion makes 120,000 scooters per month. No number from Ninebot

If escooters continue to grow, manufacturers might convert EUC production lines to scooters to fill large orders.

Maybe this concept is behind the rumors that ninebot doesn't appear to be interested in making more ECUs.

The mass market is where the money is.  It would be interesting to compare global monthly sales of EUCs to escooters.  Moving a hundred thousand escooter units likely trumps EUC numbers by a wide margin.  Unless companies have extra manpower and the interest / focus primarily in EUCs, it’s not hard to imagine a company wanting to pursue what brings in the bigger money.

2 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

The mass market is where the money is.  It would be interesting to compare global monthly sales of EUCs to escooters.  Moving a hundred thousand escooter units likely trumps EUC numbers by a wide margin.  Unless companies have extra manpower and the interest / focus primarily in EUCs, it’s not hard to imagine a company wanting to pursue what brings in the bigger money.

Hi - enjoy reading your posts...

Yes it appears that rental scooters are everywhere and that EUC's and OneWheel's aren't expanding in popularity as I'd certainly hope.  Also a new kind of rental scooter is starting to proliferate - a faster, seated model from an outfit called, "Wheels."  

The electric bikes from Jump are all over the place too.

Really hope Kingsong/Gotway/InMotion continue to innovate and produce despite the apparent high demand for kick scooters, seated scooters and e-bikes.  The only new EUC's I'm aware of are the KS16X and the Gotway Nikola...  (Hey I'd settle for a firmware update to the V10F...) ;)

Archived