Can't register on KS App - Can't unlock wheel!

smarty

Hi

I can't register on the Kingsong app. :(  I get "The server is offline, please wait and try later". :angry:  Unfortunately I need this app to work so I can unlock my new KS18L to ride it!

Does anyone have any suggestions on alternative ways of unlocking the wheel?  @US69 - any ideas?  I have reached out to Vicky Huang but no solution as yet...

Thanks

Capture+_2019-02-20-18-16-28.png

Edited by smarty

@smarty also, won't make logical sense, but try both wifi & only cellular. That's been a solution in the past for one of the crappy manufacturer apps before (don't remember which one).

In general, you should also try to time critical things like this with business hours in China, where their servers tend to sit.

FYI, I just swapped out my controller board on my 18L over the weekend. When trying to use the KS app to connect to my wheel, it said "illegal equipment" twice.

I used the version that @Flyboy10 provided...first attempt it just did not connect, second attempt it worked! Was able to connect with wheel and change settings and log into my old account.

Now, back to the 5 mile speed lockout. :(

• 4 months later...

I just received my wheel.

I was able to unlock it with the latest app but when I try to register I can't even see country from the list for both email option and phone and also the security picture code is blank with an X

Ive tried 3 different app versions. One from wheels one from this thread and latest from kong song site on 2 phones. Same issue.

Im in canada.

Strange. Do I need to register for an account to ride it??