Z10 strange behaviour after firmware update

Ju Reader

My new z10 has been working  flawlasly and the battery has been lasting a long time so I've been very happy with it until yesterday when the app said there is a new firmware update and I didn't really want to update it with all the problems I've had with the kingsong but there wasn't an option to not update so I did and it was fine then I came back to later that  night switched it on and it was shaking  so I switched it off left it for a while switced it on again and it was constantly rock ing back and forth treid again later and it had stopped rocking and seemed OK so I whent round my kitchens and it felt strange like really spongy feeling I could bounce on my heels and it would flex back wards so the next day  I got on it for my daily run and it felt OK for about 10 mins and then the spongy feeling was so I tried turning off and on a few times and through out the day it was coming and going so I was wondering if I could download the previous firmware to see if that gets rid of it has any one else had this problem or could it be something that needs changing in the app thanks 

Every Z10 firmware upgrade that I've seen, you had the option to ignore it. They never force you to do a firmware update. Perhaps you misunderstood the application prompts?

The last couple of firmware upgrades have been BMS firmware. The BMS affects how the batteries are managed, so it seems odd that this upgrade would have affected the ride characteristics.

Do you know exactly what firmware version that you applied? Was it BMS or the control board firmware?

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Do you know exactly what firmware version that you applied? Was it BMS or the control board firmware

I updated mine yesterday but only had a 15 minute ride due to battery low, charger arriving today😊

This is the new firmware

Screenshot-20190217-170615-cn-ninebot-ni

52 minutes ago, Ju Reader said:

Yes it was that thanks 

So assisted braking caused your z10to rock,do you have it switched off now with no problems, have you noticed anything else about the new update, does the battery still lose charge, longer range etc

36 minutes ago, Smoother said:

I got it right! REALLY??!!

giphy.gif

I see this as a sign that you should buy a Z10 - it's a natural fit for you :thumbup:

2 hours ago, stephen said:

So assisted braking caused your z10to rock,do you have it switched off now with no problems, have you noticed anything else about the new update, does the battery still lose charge, longer range etc

This is a strange one. I don't have assisted braking enabled but when I originally played with it, I could barely detect any difference in behavior.

I'll have to turn it on again and see if I can notice anything.

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This is a strange one. I don't have assisted braking enabled but when I originally played with it, I could barely detect any difference in behavior.

I'll have to turn it on again and see if I can notice anything.

I've got a charger now I'll test a few things today for the new update ,I wonder if regen braking has changed ,would a BMS update change that?

Hi I didn't get chance to test it on a long run I've been busy and it's been raining so I was going round my kitchen table and felt OK but I did notice that I like to practice going backwards in there so I can put a hand on the worktop if I loose my ballance so I usually go  back and forth about 8ft trying not to put my hand on the top and I've been trying this on the z6 my old z10 and my new z10 and they are all fine but since I upgraded the firmware on this one I can only do it for about 5 minutes then I get flashing blue lights and beeping and a red triangle on the app saying error I looked setting to see what the temp was and that was high and I felt the side casing and it felt warm I used to be able to do it for ages and its probably not good  for a unicycle just going back and forth in a small space for long periods. unless it's something else that's causing the error 

5 hours ago, Ju Reader said:

Hi I didn't get chance to test it on a long run I've been busy and it's been raining so I was going round my kitchen table and felt OK but I did notice that I like to practice going backwards in there so I can put a hand on the worktop if I loose my ballance so I usually go  back and forth about 8ft trying not to put my hand on the top and I've been trying this on the z6 my old z10 and my new z10 and they are all fine but since I upgraded the firmware on this one I can only do it for about 5 minutes then I get flashing blue lights and beeping and a red triangle on the app saying error I looked setting to see what the temp was and that was high and I felt the side casing and it felt warm I used to be able to do it for ages and its probably not good  for a unicycle just going back and forth in a small space for long periods. unless it's something else that's causing the error 

The LEDs will start flashing Blue when the control board temperature reaches 75-degrees Celsius. It is easy to get this to happen by doing many continuous reversals.

Keep doing it and the temperature will rise to 80-degrees and then then wheel will tilt-back, kicking you off the wheel.

Archived