1st Griffith Park Ride of 2019, Southern California

Marty Backe

1 minute ago, Dzlchef said:

I have a great time, awesome meeting everyone!  Thank you Marty for coordinating and showing us some excellent trails.  Can’t wait for the next ride!

Thanks for coming Brian. Summer's ahead with plenty of great riding. Wait until we do the next Full-Moon Griffith Park Night Ride - very fun. And July 4th from above the Hollywood Sign is spectacular.

Just wetting your appetite :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys! I'm feeling fine, no pain from bruising. Road rash, however, is the absolute worst... 

@Nick McCutcheon Thanks for the wishes :thumbup:

For those without context, I hit a pothole riding seated at about 30mph, denting my rim. Caught about 2 feet of air, almost stuck the landing, but couldn't quite swing it. Slid on my ass about 20 feet, destroying my favorite pair of pants :P 

This is a photo from shortly after:

IMG_0943.thumb.JPG.3e8d95fd2dd10bb799cee428f28f17ce.JPG

Then here's our group photo from the top. Fantastic turnout! So great meeting everyone, I won't be able to make the Queen Mary ride but have fun guys!

DSC06509-2.thumb.jpg.fd75d1f212cc46f0a2a62285354df0aa.jpg

1 hour ago, csmyers said:

Hey guys! I'm feeling fine, no pain from bruising. Road rash, however, is the absolute worst... 

@Nick McCutcheon Thanks for the wishes :thumbup:

For those without context, I hit a pothole riding seated at about 30mph, denting my rim. Caught about 2 feet of air, almost stuck the landing, but couldn't quite swing it. Slid on my ass about 20 feet, destroying my favorite pair of pants :P 

This is a photo from shortly after:

IMG_0943.thumb.JPG.3e8d95fd2dd10bb799cee428f28f17ce.JPG

Then here's our group photo from the top. Fantastic turnout! So great meeting everyone, I won't be able to make the Queen Mary ride but have fun guys!

Glad you're doing OK. That picture is priceless :D 

Looking forward to the next group ride with you. But please, wear some Kevlar pants this time.

Archived