1st Griffith Park Ride of 2019, Southern California

Marty Backe

The weather this Saturday (January 26th) is looking perfect for our first Griffith Park group ride of 2019. Temperatures in the high 70's and all the trails should be in perfect riding condition.

Any of you new folks want to get out of the house and enjoy the camaraderie of your fellow EUC enthusiasts, please join us. Any wheel with a ~800wh battery should be able to enjoy the afternoon. And if you have a smaller wheel, still join us. Even a partial ride is great fun here, and you'll get to see and ride a wide variety of wheels.

Griffith Park is one of my favorite places to ride, with over 40-miles of unique trails/roads to ride. Today we will probably cover ~25-miles, give or take.

Join us at 2pm in the parking area above the Greek Theater. Here is the Google Map Pin  Post any questions you may have here, otherwise hope you see you Saturday. As usual, if nobody RSVP's I reserve the right not to show up :)

Inactive Members

@enigma35 @HeavyGoing @Marvin Ong @Mushuukyou @Tjtripp @Sven @unowheel @Questor @Roll Model @Mike Hanna @Jon Sawa @serfy @swvision @Kimosabi @zentype @ndmcc @Mimir @Josh Morgan

Maybe Someday Members

@nbxpq3 @Shawn Johnson @IRK @MikeV @Peter Q @Sketch @captainwells @NBC44 @Stan Onymous @Gizmo Dork @Alsayyad @Chairman S @who_the @Dave Frear @Tanabe @roghaj @downtown @Yunicyle @Terenig @Flying W @Heyzeus @NightRider @Mike Hanna @Klin @3euc @Unosolo @Williepimpin @Heyzeus @JomMas @Dzlchef @tihoa

Active Members

@csmyers @noisycarlos @Ando Melkonyan @YoshiSkySun @n2eus @maltocs @1Wheeler @Rama Douglas @Nick McCutcheon @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the invite! Unfortunately I currently only have my triumph motorcycle and the 2 wheels. 

One of my friends has been using the cadi and paying for it (2 basically free wheels so far, every 3 months I save about 1600 bucks Haha). 

The timing was perfect, I wanted a wheel and this way I didnt really have to pay for it. I have a yr left on the lease,  part of me want the car back, part of me wants to just keep getting more wheels while I'm saving the money :thumbup:

Once I'm moble again I'd love to go out there for a ride. Mt wilson ride looks like a lot of fun but after seeing an ACM being carried by a larger battery ACM (priceless)  I fear that my mcm5 or 16s wont have the legs to make the trip. 

I'm really interested in what kingsong may be working on for the next 16in. Still envious of your ACM2 haha!

3 minutes ago, Flying W said:

Thank you for the invite! Unfortunately I currently only have my triumph motorcycle and the 2 wheels. 

One of my friends has been using the cadi and paying for it (2 basically free wheels so far, every 3 months I save about 1600 bucks Haha). 

The timing was perfect, I wanted a wheel and this way I didnt really have to pay for it. I have a yr left on the lease,  part of me want the car back, part of me wants to just keep getting more wheels while I'm saving the money :thumbup:

Once I'm moble again I'd love to go out there for a ride. Mt wilson ride looks like a lot of fun but after seeing an ACM being carried by a larger battery ACM (priceless)  I fear that my mcm5 or 16s wont have the legs to make the trip. 

I'm really interested in what kingsong may be working on for the next 16in. Still envious of your ACM2 haha!

You mention Mt Wilson. I just want to be sure that you understand that this is a Griffith Park ride which just about any wheel can make.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

You mention Mt Wilson. I just want to be sure that you understand that this is a Griffith Park ride which just about any wheel can make.

I understand, Mt Wilson ride is just a way better subliminal push for me to get closer to another wheel :roflmao:

Might be able to join y’all. Would be my first euc group ride!  Won’t be able to do the whole thing I bet time wise. But will try to be at the start for a bit for sure. 

I think that map pin is off though.....

7 hours ago, IRK said:

Might be able to join y’all. Would be my first euc group ride!  Won’t be able to do the whole thing I bet time wise. But will try to be at the start for a bit for sure. 

I think that map pin is off though.....

Great. Hope to see you.

Ug. Thanks for letting me know about the Google Pin being off - it's been fixed.

4 minutes ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I may be able to come up for this ride! Just checking, there aren’t scheduled to be any shows at the theater that night? Last time I was there it was tough to find parking. 

Looks like the first concert is in April. We should be good.

1 hour ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

I may be able to come up for this ride! Just checking, there aren’t scheduled to be any shows at the theater that night? Last time I was there it was tough to find parking. 

If it's crowded parking, you can always find spots to park on Commonwealth/Cromwell (crossstreets) and then ride in ...😎

Thanks for all your invites Marty! My wheel has been my primary commuter and unfortunately I've been super busy with work right now. I hope to join you guys for a real ride this year! Just not right now haha

9 hours ago, mango_fpv said:

Thanks for posting this.  I just got my Tesla and hoping to put some miles on it.  Just did this ride over the weekend.  I will try to make if I can finish work early enough.  

I'm still a noob...Are there rules for this ride?  Is filming allowed?  Thanks!

Griffith Park Ride

We've been riding these trails for years. There are rules that we try to follow to avoid trouble in the park. If you show up I can tell you about them. For instance, where you start at the video you posted is now frowned upon - you should not ride there, particularly when there are a lot of people. There are rules on the various trails too.

There are no issues with filming. I have many YouTube videos of our rides there.

Hope to see you Saturday.

Let whoever you were riding with know about the ride - maybe he can join us too.

26 minutes ago, mango_fpv said:

Thanks Marty!

Ah ok...Thanks for the info, we didn't see any signs.  My other friends have ninebot ones, can they still come?

What's your youtube channel?

Thanks will try and make out this Saturday.

Anyone can join us. They may not be able to do the entire ride, but even 10-miles is fun.

See my Signature in all of my posts. My channel is there. Or take a look at our Video thread to see the many videos I post there.

28 minutes ago, mango_fpv said:

Thanks Marty!

Ah ok...Thanks for the info, we didn't see any signs.  My other friends have ninebot ones, can they still come?

What's your youtube channel?

Thanks will try and make out this Saturday.

I have a V5F, and it made it to the top, and back down. I was unable to do the entire ride, but had a good time doing what I could with the V5F range...

25 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

I plan on skipping out of work to make the ride.  Should be a great day!

What wheel will you be riding?

My Z10 just arrived today!!!  Wow that thing handles way different than my E+ (after about 1/2 mile in the parking lot at work).  I may not be ready for that type of ride yet.  Not to mention driving to LA from the OC.  Will get back to you if I gain some confidence in the next 2 days.  

16 minutes ago, Terenig said:

Looks like I might be able to make this ride!!

I've got a 14D, so I probably wouldn't make the entire length, but should be fun :)

It’s possible you might be able to make it! Last time I went on this ride I brought my 14D and it made it up, with the help of a lighter rider. 

18 minutes ago, Terenig said:

Looks like I might be able to make this ride!!

I've got a 14D, so I probably wouldn't make the entire length, but should be fun :)

The first half of the ride will end at the observatory with an easy ride back to the car. The 14D should have no problems. Please try and stop by.

Archived