I saw today that the BMS is defective

It annoys me that I can only drive with a battery
and I also want to drive much faster

then the battery would have to work without bms or

Hello
a battery has no bms
a battery has bms

with the original battery I have to remove the bms cable there

the original program then recognizes both batteries not  but I can still drive with both batteries

unfortunately it only drives 18 kmh why does not it drive 24 kmH?

Can I now do something that drives 24 kmh?
Can I now buy your code that I can drive faster or does not work

I would like to be as fast as possible

here are a few photos

https://imgur.com/a/3x1opjj

Hey. I will make you a code for changing the model.
Absolutely without bms is impossible. Is it dangerous. You need to purchase any BMS 15S for lithium-ion 3.7v batteries.
Link to BMS as an example of what you need.
You also need to connect the contacts for charging. In the 4 pin connector is black and red wires. But it is better to withdraw separately from the charging port of the wheel.

• 1 year later...
On 1/19/2019 at 3:45 AM, MRN76 said:

Connect to the wheel, select firmware v7.6.0 no bms and press the button flash fw

Hi . I have the same problem whit my battery pack not showing bms information in the app. I’m limited to 10 km/h , blinking rear led and no Leda lights. I’m needing your help to change the firmware to one whit no bms but when I use your app always ask me for the code. Could you help me whit that?

Whilst it is good to get rid of the Ninebot BMS . the ninebot BMS built in obsolescence is bad. It draws to much power and if you don't charge your unicycle for a few months it may never charge again... I think the BMS should be replaced with a generic 15S BMS to blaance charge maybe use one even one of those with bluetooth. I think that the other connector there must be some charge voltage to feed into the BMS....

The big question is can we put 30 cells in there somehow.... and build a 2P15S

OGH2mxD.jpg

How to build a safe and better lithium battery WITHOUT a BMS

Do you NEED a BMS for DIY Li-ion Batteries?

Why not use a balance charger like the one below? It's well regarded in the drone community. You'll have to solder charging wires to the cells, but this is not hard to do if you're careful.

iCharger 208B

Edited by litewave

good vid - caveat - rc & drone batts hv much less energy to discharge than packs in ebikes/euc! The hobby charger he recommends is limited to 8S packs so I am not sure how this can be easily used for the kinds of packs used in EUC.  His ebike setup required him to split up his packs into smaller ones - this guy is obviously very skilled - beyond what most DIYers can tackle safely. I agree that bms shld provide data abt state of batts that can be easily queried and hopefully this will become part of standard implementations and available via bluetooth. But those simply bypassing bms without a solid understanding of how to mitigate risk are literally playing with fire - one that is hard to put out!

and not to be alarmist but rather simply to remind of how quickly li-on meltdown happens. Unless you really know your stuff, and even then, bypassing bms is very risky business!

Edited by amelanso

On 9/15/2020 at 2:21 PM, OneLeg said:

Whilst it is good to get rid of the Ninebot BMS . the ninebot BMS built in obsolescence is bad. It draws to much power and if you don't charge your unicycle for a few months it may never charge again... I think the BMS should be replaced with a generic 15S BMS to blaance charge maybe use one even one of those with bluetooth. I think that the other connector there must be some charge voltage to feed into the BMS....

OGH2mxD.jpg

@smallexis has some very cool batt mods for adding to 9bots 

On 9/15/2020 at 7:21 PM, OneLeg said:

NO, except for 16" ninebot one, all ninebot products need to be connect to BMS with FW specific for 9Bot.

In case of a generic or a lack of BMS, the mother board will not recognize the battery and will not work normally ( low speed limit or impossible to use)

that's the way for 9bot to be sure to sold only branded (and expensive) battery...

• Like 1