Inmotion V8 or v10?

Humsuplow

Hi, im stuck . Two great deals on gearbest for both v8 and v10. Which should I chose.  I currently have a v5f as my local run around. Just want one bigger,  with a bit more distance, speed and size. V8 ticks the right boxes, being cheaper but then for £50 more I get a v10. Bigger performance. Arrrrrgh.... please help 

The question is what you want. If you don't find the V10 too large or too heavy, there is probably no other downside to it, if the water ingression problem has been fixed.

38 minutes ago, Oliver Tse said:

Hi, im stuck . Two great deals on gearbest for both v8 and v10. Which should I chose.  I currently have a v5f as my local run around. Just want one bigger,  with a bit more distance, speed and size. V8 ticks the right boxes, being cheaper but then for £50 more I get a v10. Bigger performance. Arrrrrgh.... please help 

How do you get theses prices? The V8 ist currently 899$, the V10 goes for 1299$ ?!

Besides that I would go vor the V10. The extra power means extra security. And it's not thaaat heavy. I currently ride a V8 and tried an Z10 on the Weekend. THAT is a big boy but also enjoyable.

No question: V10. Who wants a 2+ year old wheel that can barely go 30 if you can have a new one that can go 40, and has more battery (= range and safety)?

Also: 

@Obsidian There are current Gearbest offers, V5F 300€, V8 630€, V10 700€. Check the Commercial Advertisement and Deals forum.

2 hours ago, Mono said:

The question is what you want. If you don't find the V10 too large or too heavy, there is probably no other downside to it, if the water ingression problem has been fixed.

@adampj asked Gearbest and they confirmed all their V10 are fixed (the new battery housing and better sealing).

2 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Great! I don't think the question is V8 oder V10,  that should be a nobrainer ;-)

Only if I would need to choose a single one. Then it would be without a shadow of a doubt the V8. If I could chose two, I am not sure. Currently I think I will go for a second V8.

7 hours ago, Mono said:

The question is what you want. If you don't find the V10 too large or too heavy,

Mono is absolutely right here. The V8 is outstanding for its weight and size. 

V10 is a comfy ride, but heavier. Really depends on whether you commute by train/bus or by wheel alone.

@Oliver Tse I feel your pain brother. This gearbest deal has been milling in my mind all week. As a current v8 owner the v10 is calling me. But I'm not sure I'm ready to replace the v8 yet

Hey - new to the forum and the sport. (56, 5’9”, 200lbs - snowboard and motorcycle experience) Took delivery of my V8 (for my wife) and V10 (eventually for me) last Friday. Was up and running on the V8 Saturday and eying the ramps in the multi level car park where I was practicing. Stayed away from the the ramps as 1) I wanted more confidence that experience brings, and 2) The “power versus weight on an incline / sudden stop” discussions got in my head.

Sunday I took out the V10, and after a few minutes was riding. By the end of my second Sunday session I was up and down ramps riding every floor in the car park. All this to say - if you already have EUC experience, I cant imagine you having issues going straight to the V10. In hindsight, I could have started there... BTW - both machines are incredible! GOing to get coffee? V8. Heading out for a run? V10.... thanks for listening.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived