Ninebot MiniPro blinking red light battery

Hello all

I've been trying to sort through all the battery threads and haven't been able to come up with a comprehensive answer.

My son has a Ninebot MiniPro by Segway.

He had it unplugged over the summer. Maybe about 2-3 months.

When he went to charge it, he got no lights.

I removed the battery and when charging, I get the red light blinking 4 times.

I've kept it plugged in for over 4 hours. When re-attaching to unit, I still get nothing. 

So my questions......

1. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Can the battery be rejuvenated?

3. If the battery is bad, where can I buy another battery?

a. I don't need any hacked battery etc....I just want my son to have a usable ride.

4. What should I make sure of when buying a battery? I read about avoiding batteries made in 2016.

4. Is there any value in the old battery? And if so, what can I do with it?

THANK YOU for any and all replies

IMG_20180914_183940.jpg

There is certainly value in the old battery, I will buy it from you if you cannot get it going, even if it is dead, I need the electronics and housing.

More4Mini.com or Segway should be able to sell you a new battery.

Just to be clear.  

1. What is the Light when you do not have it plugged in, Off or flashing read? Flash speed (approx).

2. so you plugged it into your charger (outside of machine).  The charger light was what color?  You left it plugged in for 4 hours, and when you unplugged it, the light on the battery was still flashing red, correct?

First you could try leaving it plugged in to the charger outside of the machine a little longer, if the charger light is turning red when plugged in.  A long shot but could work.

Can you measure the voltage of the battery?  Do you have a volt meter?   That would help determine how safe it is to rejuvenate it.  While you are at it measure the charger output just in case the problem is there.

You can try to charge the battery up above it's cutoff voltage by using the technique shown here, then charging it with regular charger.  

Just bought a new battery from Segway $130 refurbished or something around like $250 new. Took 3 days to arrive. My battery just clunked out but it was 2 years old and ridden alot. Pretty sure this was the number. Mine was doing exact same thing. Battery fixed it. My battery is the larger 320wh

Edited by Jeremy Valentin

3 hours ago, FreeRide said:

There is certainly value in the old battery, I will buy it from you if you cannot get it going, even if it is dead, I need the electronics and housing.

More4Mini.com or Segway should be able to sell you a new battery.

Just to be clear.  

1. What is the Light when you do not have it plugged in, Off or flashing read? Flash speed (approx).

2. so you plugged it into your charger (outside of machine).  The charger light was what color?  You left it plugged in for 4 hours, and when you unplugged it, the light on the battery was still flashing red, correct?

First you could try leaving it plugged in to the charger outside of the machine a little longer, if the charger light is turning red when plugged in.  A long shot but could work.

Can you measure the voltage of the battery?  Do you have a volt meter?   That would help determine how safe it is to rejuvenate it.  While you are at it measure the charger output just in case the problem is there.

You can try to charge the battery up above it's cutoff voltage by using the technique shown here, then charging it with regular charger.  

What you buying batteries for?

On 10/9/2018 at 11:52 AM, thepezident said:

Hello all

I've been trying to sort through all the battery threads and haven't been able to come up with a comprehensive answer. .....

Any update?

23 hours ago, Jeremy Valentin said:

Modifications and testing. 

On 10/9/2018 at 6:44 PM, Jeremy Valentin said:

If you have a spot-welder it is a straightforward job to put new LG battery cells into the pack. You should be able to match the batteries into pairs using the cells' series resistance, which is easily measured.

Edited by trevmar

I sent the battery to Florida to hopefully be rejuvenated.

It was $80 plus $18 in shipping.

To answer some questions.

I plug in the battery. 

It flashes 4 red blinks then no light. I leave it plugged in for hours and there is no light.

I unplug it...plug it into segway and no workie.

11 hours ago, thepezident said:

I sent the battery to Florida to hopefully be rejuvenated.

It was $80 plus $18 in shipping.

To answer some questions.

I plug in the battery. 

It flashes 4 red blinks then no light. I leave it plugged in for hours and there is no light.

I unplug it...plug it into segway and no workie.

Can you give me website or place you sent battery too? 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/9/2018 at 10:52 AM, Guest said:

Hello all

I've been trying to sort through all the battery threads and haven't been able to come up with a comprehensive answer.

My son has a Ninebot MiniPro by Segway.

He had it unplugged over the summer. Maybe about 2-3 months.

When he went to charge it, he got no lights.

I removed the battery and when charging, I get the red light blinking 4 times.

I've kept it plugged in for over 4 hours. When re-attaching to unit, I still get nothing. 

So my questions......

1. Am I doing something wrong?

2. Can the battery be rejuvenated?

3. If the battery is bad, where can I buy another battery?

a. I don't need any hacked battery etc....I just want my son to have a usable ride.

4. What should I make sure of when buying a battery? I read about avoiding batteries made in 2016.

4. Is there any value in the old battery? And if so, what can I do with it?

THANK YOU for any and all replies

IMG_20180914_183940.jpg

Did you ever find a solution?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had my Segway Ninebot Minipro idle for about 8 months so the battery went dead. The charger does not work when the battery is dead because the internal electronic circuitry of the battery does not allow charging when the battery voltage is below a certain threshold. You need to flash the battery by connecting 40-60VDC directly on the battery. This can be done by removing the battery which will make you break the seal and removing 4 screws on the 4 corners. the battery has a female connector with two female banana connectors , 1 in each end. Facing the battery with the connector at the bottom, the positive terminal is on your left.( Verify this with a voltmeter to be sure)

Apply 40-60VDC on the banana connectors but be sure you have the correct polarity for at least 20 minutes then remove and start charging the battery with its charger. The red light on the battery should start blinking and the red light on the charger should be on. After a couple of hours, the red light on the charger turns to green. The battery is ready for use.

• 4 months later...
On 12/5/2022 at 5:49 AM, birdman said:

I am needing the flash codes for battery alone anyone know where I can find them I'm getting 3 short red and one long red flash what's this mean plz

Edited by Chriull
Repaired post/citation?

Was there any reply on this situation I have same but. Ow I'm just getting 4 flash's the goes out can't find any code definitions

6 hours ago, Bob lawson said:

I am needing the flash codes for battery alone anyone know where I can find them I'm getting 3 short red and one long red flash what's this mean plz