Shipping batteries.

525rider

I am planning a vacation in Hawaii and would like to have my MsuperV3 with me. The plan is to ship batteries over there few day before and put unicycle in check in luggage. Anybody has tried this?

I know that Philippine airlines specifically prohibits euc's even without the batteries. I guess they know your sneaking in those batteries somewhere. They ask about all batteries in fact. I imagine a lot of airlines are the same. All because of cheap Chinese hoverboards and the galaxy 7 phones. I gave up and now just take a small folding bike that fits in my luggage.

Contact Fedex and get the rates for a cargo plane.  You might as well ship the whole thing cargo, unless you get confirmation that the passenger plane will carry it without batteries, but I don't think they will.  Some wheels have been confiscated by airlines.

I remember reading a couple years ago about a passenger plane that went down due to carrying a pallet load of lithium ion batteries that somehow caught on fire.  The airlines won't touch them now.

40 minutes ago, steve454 said:

You might as well ship the whole thing cargo, unless you get confirmation that the passenger plane will carry it without batteries, but I don't think they will.  Some wheels have been confiscated by airlines.

I second that. Shipping is crazy expensive either way, might as well have no risk and ship the entire wheel.

The "reasonable" course of action is leaving the wheel at home. The right course of action is shipping it anyways:efee8319ab:

1 hour ago, steve454 said:

Contact Fedex and get the rates for a cargo plane.  You might as well ship the whole thing cargo, unless you get confirmation that the passenger plane will carry it without batteries, but I don't think they will.  Some wheels have been confiscated by airlines.

Great advice. Also try UPS and DHL. I’m leaving on vacation shortly (unfortunately not Hawaii) and will be researching rates as well. 

Archived