Ninebot E+ shut off - black box error codes - faulty motor

rasdaq

Hi guys,

I've just experienced my second shut off last week.

I started the day full charged. Rode about 10miles (16km).

Then I put the EUC on charge only for about 15min.(usually 99% of time I let it change completely). After that I went ridding for 1.5 miles (2.5km).

I stopped for 30 min.

Rode again for 1 mile(1.6km) when I passed over a small 2 inch(5cm) sidewalk, I went for another 3 feet(1m), I heard a bip and it shut off.

The EUC just shut off no beeping on the ground. Luckily my speed was about 3-4mile/h (5-8km/h) when it happened. I turned the EUC back on and it worked, voltage was around 55.

I still ride it, I don't feel any difference in behavior, it's running normal. But I don't feel save anymore.

I will attach below my black box data the status highlighted in yellow shows the moment when the cut off occurred.

I have had a motor replacement before at ~80 hours in.

Since then I can see:
??(Controller)     218h 17m 21s     3    861    Hall1Òì³££¬Òì³£´ÎÊýΪ861 don't recall that something happened here
??(Controller)     386h 0m 39s     3    5506    Hall1Òì³££¬Òì³£´ÎÊýΪ5506 don't recall that something happened here
??(Controller)     497h 4m 24s     3    997    Hall1Òì³££¬Òì³£´ÎÊýΪ997 - this is where I experienced the shut off
and lots of 17 code - which is an abnormal behavior of the motor but may be as a warning and doesn't trigger a shut off  like 3s do ?
"3" seems to be related with the Motor; What 861, 5506, 997 mean?

Translated some of the last black box logs, the occurring frequency is quite often :
??(Controller) 472h 55m 44s 17 11620 Hall 1 signal is abnormal, the cumulative number of abnormalities is 45, and the abnormal condition is 6->4

??(Controller) 482h 0m 0s 17 11841 Hall 1 signal is abnormal, the cumulative number of abnormalities is 46, and the abnormal condition is 4->1

??(Controller) 482h 3m 18s 17 11796 Hall 1 signal is abnormal, the cumulative number of abnormalities is 46, and the abnormal condition is 1->4

??(Controller) 482h 55m 19s 17 11875 Hall 1 signal is abnormal, the cumulative number of abnormalities is 46, and the abnormal condition is 6->3

??(Controller) 485h 21m 53s 17 11825 Hall 1 signal is abnormal, the cumulative number of abnormalities is 46, and the abnormal condition is 3->1

??(Controller) 497h 4m 24s 3 997 Hall1 exception, the number of exceptions is 997
??(Controller) 497h 4m 24s 17 12128 Hall 1 signal is abnormal, the cumulative number of abnormalities is 47, and the abnormal condition is 6->0

??(Controller) 498h 34m 22s 17 12050 Hall 1 signal is abnormal, the cumulative number of abnormalities is 47, and the abnormal condition is 1->2

??(Controller) 505h 2m 5s 17 12065 Hall 1 signal is abnormal, the cumulative number of abnormalities is 47, and the abnormal condition is 2->1

??(Controller) 519h 33m 6s 17 12068 Hall 1 signal is abnormal, the cumulative number of abnormalities is 47, and the abnormal condition is 2->4

Did anyone experienced this?

Thanks everybody for reading this!
Chris

BlackData_2018-08-24-18-24-24_Fomart.csv

13 minutes ago, rasdaq said:

Rode again for 1 mile(1.6km) when I passed over a small 2 inch(5cm) sidewalk, I went for another 3 feet(1m), I heard a bip and it shut off.

The EUC just shut off no beeping on the ground. Luckily my speed was about 3-4mile/h (5-8km/h) when it happened. I turned the EUC back on and it worked, voltage was around 55.

I still ride it, I don't feel any difference in behavior, it's running normal. But I don't feel save anymore.

How heavy are you?

To my understanding the Wheel shut off when you have been accelerating? Or at least lets say shortly after going over a crack?

As the e plus has only a small battery, on heavy accelerations you might overpower the battery, which then might lead to a BMS related shut off because of to high amps drawn from the battery.

Also: as you didnt seam to have such cutoffs before, perhaps one or two of the cells in the pack have gone bad. If so....this will not be the last cutout, Sorry!

So you or someone who knows what todo, should check the pack and all the cells if they are ok, still balanced, or if one/some of the cells have gone bad!

I'm 77kg, well let's round it up to 80kg with backpack and all that. I have the E+ for around 2 years, ~4400km, over 525h operating time. My ridding setting was 1 when it happened, now I'm ridding at 3.

Yeah, I was technically accelerating but very slightly as the sidewalk was so low. The shut off happened after I went over the sidewalk after I heard a beep like when you press the power button to turn of the EUC. Could the button be faulty?!

My battery range is the same as always. I actually went in a broken parking lot last night, with lots of potholes, and accelerated / decelerated very sharp trying to replicate the shut off. Looking at my app going up to 11Amps when accelerating. Nothing happened. 

I've also opened the EUC and inspected the motherboard, no loose wires. No dint in battery.

My battery full charged shows 61.57V.  When it's at 85% shows 58.68V. I have multimeter, what would qualify a healthy cell? Any indications how to check? If I open the battery pack it will not damage it?

What about the logs?  Have you seen those errors before? I also emailed service@ninebot.com they said the black box shows motor errors.

Thanks,

Cris

6 hours ago, rasdaq said:

Yeah, I was technically accelerating but very slightly as the sidewalk was so low. The shut off happened after I went over the sidewalk after I heard a beep like when you press the power button to turn of the EUC. Could the button be faulty?!

No, i dont think it is the power button… i guess it is just the battery shutting off, so the board Beeps same like powering off? (I am no 9b expert!)

My battery full charged shows 61.57V.  When it's at 85% shows 58.68V. I have multimeter, what would qualify a healthy cell? Any indications how to check? If I open the battery pack it will not damage it?

Fully charged 100% should be 63Volt...but some People only have a 60 or 61 Volt charger, so their e plus did not use full battery.

Inspecting the battery would Need to measure the single cells...for that you would have to open the pack, measure each cell on the BMS and see if one/two cells differs from the others.

I also emailed service@ninebot.com they said the black box shows motor errors.

Yeah, the diagnosis fault lead to hall sensor hick ups….it is the Question if that was from missing power or real hall sensor defects….

"Yeah, the diagnosis fault lead to hall sensor hick ups….it is the Question if that was from missing power or real hall sensor defects…. "

Good point here.... makes me think, the battery should only be good for 2 years? I've read on this forum the battery has Panasonic cells which are suppose to be the "good kind" lasting 2000 cycles.

I think I did around 400 cycles in 2 years, I almost never leave it plugged overnight(disconnect at green 100%):

70% of time I recharge from 30%-100%,

25% of time from below 20%-100%,

5% occasional 20-60 min charge if I really need some extra juice in the EUC.

Before the shut off I heard a beep, like when you turn the EUC on. (Turn on is one beep / turn it off 2 beeps).

I don't recall to have heard a beep on my first shut off. On my first shut off, around a year ago, I was breaking and the motor just stopped, I crashed on my back on my elbows. I've changed the motor back then because it was dead. Maybe is indeed something wrong with my battery or BMS and keeps messing my motor.

Archived