Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey all!

Starting a new topic, as I couldn't find similar issue.

Our loved miniPlus not charging. The green light is on PSU and noting on the unit. I have checked for the damage, and nothing I found, we always ride carefully, no water damage either. The PSU is almost new and I always charged/connected with care. I have emailed customer support, but not really hopeful of any help, considering previous experience.

Anyone experienced this? I don't know where to start, all the cables, connectors, look good, unit is barely used, around 60mil on clock only.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Where did you bought your PLUS (segway europa? other?)

maybe the adapter is dead ?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by jojo33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Where did you bought your PLUS (segway europa? other?)

maybe the adapter is dead ?

 

Adapter doesn't look dead as green light is there, like it finished charging.  Bought it online on segway.ie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, denzil said:

Bought it online on segway.ie.

Under warranty, open ticket, Segway europe must change your Plus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

Under warranty, open ticket, Segway europe must change your Plus

I have, but still waiting for their response :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 days and no response from customer service, Segway is the worse company to deal with :( Anyone know the direct number for UK customer support?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, denzil said:

Segway is the worse company to deal with

you don't experienced french ninebot customer service last year ....:barf:

only the new segway europe service here ... http://eu-en.segway.com/contact-us

open a new ticket, 

it's really amazing that segway-ninebot in europe has such a bad customer service, Segway Ninebot want be the first in the world, they really dont care for his foreign (look from china) customers, except in USA, it's different, but Europe....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, jojo33 said:

you don't experienced french ninebot customer service last year ....:barf:

only the new segway europe service here ... http://eu-en.segway.com/contact-us

open a new ticket, 

it's really amazing that segway-ninebot in europe has such a bad customer service, Segway Ninebot want be the first in the world, they really dont care for his foreign (look from china) customers, except in USA, it's different, but Europe....

I have opened a ticket, 5 days ago, no answer yet, I'm thinking of exercising my consumer rights and return the unit altogether through different channels. I can't believe such a company can have little to none customer service. Surely I won't buy any of segway products ever.

Edited by denzil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, denzil said:

I have opened a ticket, 5 days ago, 

wait one week

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh crap, the bottom battery does not detach right? They kind of sealed it all up, I think, for the.most part....

Any ways, you blew an internal fuse from the charger port on the bms board, hense the no charging...I doubt you can fix it,it is a tiny surface mount resistor, (real stupid). I have a pro, and had to bypassed it with an external actaul fuse and holder...yours will probably be allittle tougher to get at, maybe... It'll be Segway real irresponsibility if they don't fix it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/18/2018 at 6:05 AM, MetricUSA said:

Oh crap, the bottom battery does not detach right? They kind of sealed it all up, I think, for the.most part....

Any ways, you blew an internal fuse from the charger port on the bms board, hense the no charging...I doubt you can fix it,it is a tiny surface mount resistor, (real stupid). I have a pro, and had to bypassed it with an external actaul fuse and holder...yours will probably be allittle tougher to get at, maybe... It'll be Segway real irresponsibility if they don't fix it!

I have a feeling they don't. I have submitted support ticket, 2 weeks ago, called them number of times, with one actually went through, only to promise they called me back, hopeless :(

Next stage, I suppose, is a small claims court :(

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@denzil  

try with segway netherland, because segway europe is based in Netherland 

marjolein.hessing@segway.eu.com

Dennis Hardholt
President Segway EMEA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Segway Ninebot Europe have really a true communication issue with his customers

It's a big issue, there's nobody at the head of Segway Ninebot Europe, if an dramatic accident ocurre with a Segway device, nobody will take their own responsability front customers

we need an customer association i think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Segway Ninebot does not have to shout in the press that it is an international, innovative company, bringing the future, when it does not respect its customers to a minimum

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We do not bring the future without a modern and evolved attitude towards the people who contribute to the success of a brand

(apologized for my translating)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2018 at 7:20 PM, denzil said:

Adapter doesn't look dead as green light is there, like it finished charging.  Bought it online on segway.ie.

I believe the charger could still be the culprit, even if it shows green light. Broken chargers are relatively common in my experience (though I don't have a Ninebot) and it is relatively easy to test/fix.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, jojo33 said:

@denzil  

try with segway netherland, because segway europe is based in Netherland 

marjolein.hessing@segway.eu.com

Dennis Hardholt
President Segway EMEA

 

Thanks Jojo33. I would really appreciate any help, to spend €800 and not be able to use the device after only 60km, its really frustrating.  I PM'ed you the details. 

Edited by denzil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Mono said:

I believe the charger could still be the culprit, even if it shows green light. Broken chargers are relatively common in my experience (though I don't have a Ninebot) and it is relatively easy to test/fix.

I really hope its a charger, it will be an easy fix, if it is. The unit itself works just fine, but only have 10% battery left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×