• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, emilykoo said:

Hi so this ninebot died :/ 

i got a second hand mini pro, it has the same issue. Do I need to replace the steering shaft to fix this ? 

i can post more videos if you want

Hello, dismantle one and see if steering shaft is broken, maybe it's another part

post video, it's better

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ozpeter said:

Tighten the screws under the steering bar label.  I did that a few weeks ago and realised they must have been loose for many months, as a variety of steering related issues I had learned to live with went away.

Mini or Mini Pro,

best steering bar is really Mini N3M240, really, 

I took the control arm off my mini pro to see if the mini would fit into the storage tote for transport... Little did I know the two screws had untighten, then I went to clamp back the arm on...I went to take the mini down the stairs, picked it up right over the stairs and arm came off....boom bam bam bong bam....as I held on to the arm, the rest of it fell down the stairs busted the center housing...now encased in shipping tape...

PS... Before I put the arm back on after it fell down the stairs, I actually had to put a double layer of foil to take up the slack between the socket and the control 'nub', it fixed the loose arm and it's nice and stiff right now... And then I put thread lock on the two screws....

20 hours ago, MetricUSA said:

I took the control arm off my mini pro to see if the mini would fit into the storage tote for transport... Little did I know the two screws had untighten, then I went to clamp back the arm on...I went to take the mini down the stairs, picked it up right over the stairs and arm came off....boom bam bam bong bam....as I held on to the arm, the rest of it fell down the stairs busted the center housing...now encased in shipping tape...

The adjustment of the quick-release is very sensitive, just a small changed in the screws makes a big difference in the clamping force.  I adjust mine right out of the box as an initial prep item.

I had a refurb MiniPRO that I thought had some steering problems - it didn't feel right. Then I noticed the lock was a little loose (I think the red casting may have been a little smaller on this unit), adjusted it up and everything is running great now. Take a look at that joint when you move the steering by hand. There should be no movement between the red thingy and the steering shaft...

Archived