Gotway Tesla 1020wh Single Beep Question

58 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Just tested it again and the sudden spin up was indeed the tiltback. Wheel accelerates smoothly over the 50 with tiltback disabled. I thought the spin-up had been there with tiltback disabled, did this lift test a LOT, but looks like I didn't disable it after all in the earlier experiments (I blame the strangely worded GW app:efeebb3acc:). Sorry.

With tiltack enabled the wheel tries to accelerate until the pedals are tilted back a certain angle - if one still holds it almost straight its just normal behaviour that it will go faster until cutoff...

When on the street and not at an lift test it will just stop accelerating once the desired angle is reached.

As far as I've understood, the speed where the motor won't rotate faster is due to the induced back-EMF voltage reaching the input voltage.

Thats the  maximum no load  speed. But at higher loads the needed current (which is proportional to the delivered torque) causes an additional voltage drop. So the higher the burden  the lower the speed where back emf and this voltage drop reaches the battery voltage (which also has some voltage sag by the current over their internal resistance)

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

Thanks for the reply mrelwood, even though I was not quoting you, I guess you know eachother well as it seems like you know his wheel.

Not any more than from the comment you based your reply on. But since you had misunderstood what happened and why, it is in the purpose of any forum to discuss and hopefully correct those misconceptions.

4 hours ago, Boogieman said:

when you brake (with your toes?), the wheel should not speed up, that would make slowing down impossible.

As meepmeepmayer already replied, in order to move from accelerating to braking, the wheel has to get in front of the center of gravity. Only way to do it is to accelerate more. It can be done by the rider or by tilt-back. Same event, same end result, same power consumption.

The test you mentioned would tell us that yes, to transition from steady speed to braking requires more power as the wheel has to accelerate in front of the center of gravity. The point that hasn’t been taken in account is that the same test done with a human rider and without tilt-back, transitioning from stable speed to braking would give the same result.

Tilt-back can of course be implemented harshly or smoothly, just like the rider behavior.

Archived