My Rockwheel GT16

ir_fuel

I'll stop hijacking the other thread :)

So, since a couple of days I have this euc:

IMG_0577.thumb.JPG.338d293514c7923ce278214cc337e048.JPG

Received 2 chargers, but only 1 Chinese to EU connector, so can only use 1 atm.

Pretty good machine to ride I must say. Fit and finish isn't very high (don't look too close at the shell), but the ride is a lot of fun, it has good speed, and the trolly works very well IMO.

Did a first real trip today. Left with 100% battery. Did 30km, regularly riding at 35km/h, and this is the result when getting back home:

IMG_0624.thumb.jpg.2d73e69dd7154904d1712da2dc7ace32.jpg

(distance isn't correct because it disconnected)

Am I correct in stating that there is about 39% battery left? On the device itself there are only a few leds off, so I have no idea how to read that scale.

Pretty happy with the device so far. I only had a few very hard vibrations for half a second when hopping on a curb. The entire euc vibrated for half a second before continuing as usual. Pedal feel/hardness is great, speed more than sufficient (never hit the 40km/h tilt back, hit a few obstacles I didn't notice and it didn't even complain). For riding this definitely is a better wheel than the Inmotion V8 I used to have, and for approx the same price.

Right now it's all I want in an euc. I wonder how the Z10 will stack up against this.

Oh, and who called it the "low countries" here? ? 

IMG_0622.thumb.JPG.f307263696e325ce36a337cee9a55db6.JPG

Still the best-looking wheel after nearly 18 months, and I still want one. Alas, I only have the budget for one wheel, but am getting impatient with Ninebot .... sigh. :eff0541f4a:

Also hoping that Rockwheel can bring a fat-tire 92v 18" to market soon like the one mentioned here:

5a53c50d9fdee_ScreenShot2018-01-08at20_2

3 hours ago, litewave said:

Also hoping that Rockwheel can bring a fat-tire 92v 18" to market soon like the one mentioned here:

Well... as soon as they come down from the high horse with that tire width. Z10 shows us the physics of it, even after you replace a 4.1” tire with a narrow profiled one, it’s still a 4.1”. I think Gotway is the clear winner here to be the first with an 18” x 3” tire. Early reports have no complaints on turning at speed, but the tire still takes road inconsistensies very smoothly.

I’m pretty sure we’ll finally see a new 16” x 2.5” wheel in 2019 atleast from Gotway and one other manufacturer. Hopefully KingSong.

Range test yesterday:

Rode it for 52km and I have 4 leds left on the indicator on top of it (which I presume is 40%). Wheel didn't feel slow at the end but I did keep it below 35km/h when it was at that percentage, above 30 km/h.

That's quite the range I must say ?

Ah and I crashed for the first time with this wheel. Rode into a tunnel to cross a road and right where the tunnel starts, in the middle, there was this drain hole that I didn't see because of light to dark + sunglasses. So I went "BANG" into the hole and got thrown off. I can confirm those G-Form kneepads did an excellent job. Landed on my right knee. Not even a scratch to be seen on my skin. Got up, removed some dust and continued my journey. 

On 7/2/2018 at 9:26 AM, ir_fuel said:

Range test yesterday:

Rode it for 52km and I have 4 leds left on the indicator on top of it (which I presume is 40%). Wheel didn't feel slow at the end but I did keep it below 35km/h when it was at that percentage, above 30 km/h.

That's quite the range I must say ?

Update!

Seems the lights on the device aren't really telling the truth. There are 10 leds. Of those 10 leds, 4 are still on now after that last ride.

@Ilya Shkolnik fixed Darknessbot for me so I can connect to the RW which apparently has a new BT protocol. His app shows me only 16% and 68.77V left. (Which, for me, makes more sense).

Archived