Speed2Increase and how to change max Ninebot speed

GMOne

On 6/27/2019 at 3:43 AM, yoglorfindel said:

Hi all:

First of all, thanks a lot for this great work. I'm trying to perform the mod in my S2 but it's the first time that I use the a J-link interface and I have an error message when I try to read the entire chip.

I have bought the Chinese J-link interface, the auxiliar board for the bridge and I have checked with a multi meter that the voltage is 3.3V.

I have welded the wires to the ninebot board and connected to the J-link as the attached pictures but I'm not sure if the Reset, CLK and DIO are in the correct pins. I have consulted the J-link data sheet but it's not clear for me.

I can connect to the J-link device successfully, but when I try to read the entire chip it fails checking the RAM adress.

Can someone help me??

Thanks

DSC_2120-min.thumb.JPG.cba7ede6a406906d501e874cb5ca0d7e.JPGDSC_2126-min.thumb.JPG.c8055a799fb312c6be888008dc6bfdee.JPG2.thumb.png.71d732e63e73c5083d3936bad98d424e.png1.thumb.png.75d27766085c62249ba241b1ddc9bb17.png

same trouble, resoldered each point so many times, now I can confirm that the power supply is fine, I can connect to my euc with my phone.   and may I blame j-flash version? 

I need some help from u, I used a j-link arm v9 trying to connect to my A1, but always cannot get it done. I use a version of 4.34 j-flash. can anyone share me a ver of 4.20a. I googled , and no results were needed.

when cellphone connected, two diodes shine  red, one blinking green. 

sorry for my badly chinglish.

I bought a jlink clone,it's version is v9,segger's soft 4.20a NOT work on it, however new version 6.14 or most new version works properly.

It cost  me two days to get j-link work correctly.

btw, new version of app is online, and it would ask u to upgrade the firmware eachtime u start the app, take care.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi  All,

New rider here looking at ways to increase my Ninebot One S2 speeds. I am completely hamfisted when it comes to soldering is this a fairly easy tweak to do or is there a lot of room for potentially hardware killing errors? 

It's made my commute to work an absolute breeze this last month and I'm saving money with petrol already however that damn beep that kicks in every few seconds is getting right on my nerves. The stock speed of the S2 is fine I just wish I could cruise at 15 with no beeping or constant pushback 

• 7 months later...

Hi i am going to buy a j-link, but before I proceed, I discovered a strange think in the battery info of my s2... when I open the second battery info sometimes the state blink from normal to error for less than a second and than turn back to normal ... the serial number and the info also flashes ...I bought the device used with about 20km it has now 90 it was almost in perfect conditions the only think that I discovered is that a led strip has been removed .... maby it gives the error... also I disconnected both batteries but nothing changed ... also the second battery seems discharging slightrly faster than the other but just by 20/30 milliampI ... I also don't trust ru software I prefer one made by a polite people don't asking for money ...I also contacted mr but he isn't responding to my questions ... have a grate day really hope someone can help me during this process ! 

Also have a question about the software... when going downhill wou can recover more energy since you can go faster right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • travsformation changed the title to Speed2Increase and how to change max Ninebot speed
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/3/2020 at 6:37 PM, GMOne said:

I tried to download it now and it is still available. But feel free to ask for any help.

I’m planning to buy a ninebot s with gokart kit, can that be flash also for speed increase?

• 4 weeks later...

Kudos to the developers of this project - amazing work and a testament to the wonderful maker spirit. For those who feel uncomfortable with this kind of DIY who also want to unlock some added speed on 9bot, checkout the ninetools firmware hack which is installed via bluetooth.  The developer charges 30usd for it and I know this  has upset some folks who disagree with a for pay option but you can actually brick your machine if you muck up these hardware changes etc. and even if not it takes alot of time to do this DIY work ( although it is a great learning experience ). Ninetools is a software only option out there if you want one and the developer is a very nice dude (I initially wanted to unlock a 9bot C and he refused because he said was unsafe due to low power motor/batt so the guy is not just in it for the cash).

Lastly - changing the firmware to unlock higher speed by definition makes your wheel less safe as there is less headroom for the motor to balance you when hitting bumps etc. I know because I unlocked my 9bot S1 to 30kph and both myself and my daughter had cutoffs (and serious road rash) at near max speed that would not likely have happened had we kept the wheel with stock firmware. So you are mistaken if you think this hack is risk free. At a minimum wear head protection when running a speed hacked wheel cuz you will very likely need it! As always be safe and have fun!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, WinterSt4rk said:

Oh no!!! Thanks Chriull... Any idea how to increase speed limit to a Ninebot s2? 

No. Maybe @MRN76can by reached by telegram? 

Never got any feedback when i provided this pointer.

Afair he also sold modified S2 firmware? Or helped using modded firmware?

However - if you manage to unlock your S2's speed limit to 30 km/h use safety gear and be prepared to overleans! Safety margin should be about non existent for this wheel at this speeds.

i used mrn76 ninetools hack on my s2. Worked grt - the effective max speed is 27kph ( machine will beep & pushbk above ). Made the s2 much more enjoyable... but of course a little less safety msrgin...

i think u can reach him via - mrn76 at bk.ru

Edited by redsnapper
  • Like 1