HELP! How do I fix my EUC?

F.J. Abaya

Hi Everyone, I need some help. I was riding low speed and hit a curb. The gotway Msuper V3S+ violently started shaking and smoke started to come out of it. It will turn on but not engage the wheel. I opened it up and the inside smelled like burnt rubber and there is also a small redlight. Is this fixable? Is this something I can fix? What do I need to fix it? Pls let me know. Thanks.

Uhoh...

Well, the first thing I would say is that the red light appears to be coming from your Bluetooth module. Have you tried to connect to your wheel via one of the apps to see if that's working? I would start there. 

Second, it looks in the first video you posted like you have a singed/burned motor wire. You can notice a large brown spot on the cloth cover of the top wire in the video. If you're comfortable with it, I would suggest trying to pull back some of the cloth insulation (don't cut it or anything!) to see if you have a wire that may have burned through for some reason (this could have happened if your wheel tried to pull a very large current through a wire with a weak/thin spot).

Other than that I didn't immediately notice anything obvious... Keep us posted if you discover anything else!

Actually, after re-watching the top video, it appears that the cloth insulation around your motor wire may actually have melted/burned, which is a terrifying thought because the wire must have gotten stupendously hot to do that. Please check that wire again and let us know if it is just brown/singed, or if it has melted/burned through to the wire beneath. (it looks like it may have partially burned the cloth insulation of a neighboring wire as well...)

Also, trace the motor wire bundle all the way into the axle and check for any other melted/burned spots, and pay special attention to the super thin/fine Hall-sensor wires. I have a sneaking suspicion that one or more of them might have been taken out of commission.

Wait, did I see that wrong? Is the second-from-the-bottom MOSFET blown up? Like, is there literally a chunk of it missing? Or is that a video artifact? Also, it looks like the top MOSFET may have some heat-related damage (or a small piece of melted/burned wire insulation) on it. 

I'm starting to think that you should definitely prepare to have to purchase a new motherboard at least. I'm still hopeful that the motor MAY have survived and it's just the pre-hub wiring that got damaged, but if that's not the case, you would probably have to replace the motor as well, and would be looking at a pretty big loss here...

6 hours ago, Arbolest said:

Wait, did I see that wrong? Is the second-from-the-bottom MOSFET blown up? Like, is there literally a chunk of it missing? Or is that a video artifact? Also, it looks like the top MOSFET may have some heat-related damage (or a small piece of melted/burned wire insulation) on it.

It does seem so, that's what catched my eye also. New motherboard needed, atleast.

I see at least two, if not three likely dead mosfets there:

UwhwTbV.png

aKAuBh2.png

There's a small chance that replacing the mosfets could be enough, but be prepared to get a new mainboard.

Archived