EUC Evolution Plateau

20 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

That is a great list.  It is so fun to ride with and dominate triathlon cyclists on the bike paths.  I still need to find a good way to lock my KS16s.  I am thinking about just drilling a 1/2” hole through the top of the pedal.  The MSuper has two places you can put a lock.  Wheel and handle. You could lock the handle on the KS but it is easy to break off.

You wouldn't dominate cyclist here unless there were hills involved. On the flat they will maintain high speeds longer than you dare.

21 minutes ago, Jerome said:

You wouldn't dominate cyclist here unless there were hills involved. On the flat they will maintain high speeds longer than you dare.

Flat isn’t a thing here. The interstate is limited to 55 mph because of the Hills and turns. Not even the water is flat. The river moves at 6 mph.  Most bike trails include a 500ft climb every two or three miles. You can’t get going too fast down hill because of the turns. Also, Tennessee does not believe in shoulders.  If you leave the pavement you are in a 6 foot ditch or off a cliff.

6 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Flat isn’t a thing here. The interstate is limited to 55 mph because of the Hills and turns. Not even the water is flat. The river moves at 6 mph.  Most bike trails include a 500ft climb every two or three miles. You can’t get going too fast down hill because of the turns. Also, Tennessee does not believe in shoulders.  If you leave the pavement you are in a 6 foot ditch or off a cliff.

I have ridden through Tennessee mountains on my MC and I can appreciate your point. A powerful wheel wins on the up grades for sure. Even with the curves, however,  I think the cyclist win because of the downhills, but I am not betting the house and the farm.??

One thing I would like to see on a wheel is a way to lock it so it can't be turned on by anyone but the owner.  Keys seem an easy solution. Another is a kickstand or some sort of stand built in.  Mud flaps too. 

I personally don't see riding faster than about 25 mph as being something I really would be very keen on doing, so I'm already happy with the speed on my V3s+.  I would like more reliable electronic components, bigger pedals, a more powerful front lamp, a trolley handle that is comfortable to use and a tire inflation valve placement that makes sense.  That last pair is of course only an issue on the V3s+, AFAIK.

Bigger battery capacity would make me happy.  I can get 65 miles on a charge, but I always feel safer on rides of unknown length with more charge.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife just stated the obvious.  Your phone, tablet, watch, and laptop can all have there own cellular connections for various reasons.  If your wheel had a cellular connection it could be used for anti-theft,  emergency phone, WiFi hot spot and more. 

Archived