Playing golf with EUC

Has anyone done it?

I grabbed my bag from the workshop and have no problem carrying it while riding.

Do you think the tires would be harder on the turf than a golf cart?  I guess it would all come down to psi.  Weight per square inch of tire that's in contact with the turf.

My wife and I have done some EUC rides on courses out west while on vacation.  The people working the club house weren't familiar enough with what a EUC was to object, so we got permission and rode the courses.

A couple of them had paths that only went about 1/2 way to the green on most holes.  Our tracks through the grass didn't look much different than the golf cart tracks, just thinner.

4 hours ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

Do you think the tires would be harder on the turf than a golf cart?  I guess it would all come down to psi.  Weight per square inch of tire that's in contact with the turf.

This is where the Z One would be beneficial with the wider tire. I’m not sure any golf courses in my area would allow riding EUCs on fairways due to liability. It would be fun though. 

7 hours ago, DaveThomasPilot said:

Has anyone done it?

I grabbed my bag from the workshop and have no problem carrying it while riding.

My wife and I have done some EUC rides on courses out west while on vacation.  The people working the club house weren't familiar enough with what a EUC was to object, so we got permission and rode the courses.

A couple of them had paths that only went about 1/2 way to the green on most holes.  Our tracks through the grass didn't look much different than the golf cart tracks, just thinner.

yes, the tires would be harder than golf cart tires. i’m behind u playing for a hundred a hole and playing them down and my drive rolls into one of ur ruts on a knock down wedge, i would complain. but long term damage, no, unless everybody started using them.

golf courses are broke. they would not want to give up the cart fees. ain’t gonna happen. started working at a golf course at age 13. i’ve done everything there is golf course wise except managing, and food and drinks stuff. so 13 to 19 with a little college vacation inbetween. golf courses get snooty about how high over ur knee ur shorts are. watch caddyshack. 

they made me quit wearing metal spikes and they are gonna let u use an euc? see what i mean. the spike thing was a big deal to me, so i quit playing golf. that’s partly  why they have the broke problem.

It wouldn't be about avoiding cart rental.   

I'd throw the wheel in the cart along with the clubs.  When my partner and I end up on opposite sides of the fairway, I'd grab the wheel and let him take the cart over to his ball. 

After hitting my ball, I'd ride the wheel up the cart path or in the rough up towards the green.

More just for the heck of it rather than any practical reason.

Courses are pretty competitive around here (RTP area in North Carolina).   Green fees in the low 20s weekday afternoons.  I'd be surprised if they'd turn away business, unless the EUC was really doing some damage.  Worst case, they say keep it on the path.  That's frequently the requirement for the carts anyway. 

23 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

That's great - But you still have to stop riding to take a swing.

So... What about... EUC POLO!  :w00t2:

Same rules as the horse version, but riding EUC instead.

That sounds like a hoot.  We should plan it for EUCcon

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

ya, they’re broke, that’s what i said. for money they’d probably do anything. near me, they’re turning golf courses into building lots.

I live right outside (like 2 miles ) of the village of Pinehurst, NC. It’s a golf Mecca . Here they turn building lots into golf courses. Lol 

I just google searched golf courses near me . Within 10 miles there are 25. And that’s  not counting the fact that pinehurst resort is comprised of 9 courses itself . Plus the handful of super private clubs that aren’t being listed either . 

24 minutes ago, Scott Henley said:

I live right outside (like 2 miles ) of the village of Pinehurst, NC. It’s a golf Mecca . Here they turn building lots into golf courses. Lol 

I just google searched golf courses near me . Within 10 miles there are 25. And that’s  not counting the fact that pinehurst resort is comprised of 9 courses itself . Plus the handful of super private clubs that aren’t being listed either . 

yeah, idk who owns pinehurst, might be cca, they own a bunch, some they bought for a dollar.

the whole deal with golf courses is, u buy a huge piece of property, slap a golf course on it, then sell the lots on the golf course and surrounding areas. 

ya, when i say they are all hurting financially, pinehurst, augusta, pebble beach etc etc i’m sure are fine. the run of the mill, private, semi-private not so much. the cost of labor, fertilizer, chemicals, fuel, equipment are so expensive these days, and u can only get so many players on the course, it’s hard to make the numbers work, with just golf course member fees and green fees.

1 minute ago, novazeus said:

yeah, idk who owns pinehurst, might be cca, they own a bunch, some they bought for a dollar.

the whole deal with golf courses is, u buy a huge piece of property, slap a golf course on it, then sell the lots on the golf course and surrounding areas. 

ya, when i say they are all hurting financially, pinehurst, augusta, pebble beach etc etc i’m sure are fine. the run of the mill, private, semi-private not so much. the cost of labor, fertilizer, chemicals, fuel, equipment are so expensive these days, and u can only get so many players on the course, it’s hard to make the numbers work, with just golf course member fees and green fees.

Absolutely, places like pinehurst are the minority. People actually come here from all over to stay and play. 

Not sure who owns Pinehurst, but many of the smaller clubs around here are owned by Brown Golf . I think they have about 30 now . A few in Fl., NY, and Delaware. 13 of them are here in NC though . 

yeah the developers build them and operate at a loss until they sell the surrounding property and the unload to a Brown golf or cca sometimes for a buck. read  that article. 

Archived