NineBot Pro from an EUC rider perspective.

LanghamP

I've never ridden a Segway but now the Pro (why is everything called Pro these days?) is selling on Amazon for $500. I think I've had that Pro in my shopping cart for like two years now.

I see people going from NineBot to an EUC but not once the opposite.

Anyone have an EUC and then bought a NineBot? What did you think of it?

4 minutes ago, LanghamP said:

I've never ridden a Segway but now the Pro (why is everything called Pro these days?) is selling on Amazon for $500. I think I've had that Pro in my shopping cart for like two years now.

I see people going from NineBot to an EUC but not once the opposite.

Anyone have an EUC and then bought a NineBot? What did you think of it?

I think I'll always have a soft spot for the original Segway because it was such a magical (ok I know that's a cheesy adjective) thing to experience this tech for the very first time. I was in Madrid in 2007 with my then girlfriend, and I had signed us up for the tour. The learning/initiation bit was TERRIFYING (which seems hilarious now) but 15 minutes later we were zooming (well, 'zooming' at 16kph) around central Madrid doing the sites with our tour guide.

It was genuinely the highlight of the entire holiday.....and I remember thinking.....if only someone could take this tech and put it in something smaller and cheaper (Segways STILL cost approx £5000).

Well...it took nearly a decade but......?

I am a Minipro to EUC guy, but I love riding my Minipro still. I like the EUC better, but the mini is great for standing around without getting off, and I like to ride the Minipro better when I'm drunk or on drugs because it's pretty stable and easy :D

5 hours ago, kasenutty said:

I am a Minipro to EUC guy, but I love riding my Minipro still.

Where do you ride it, only on sidewalks?  Can it take a dirt walking trail?  Have you ridden a Segway, and if so, does the Minipro feel as safe as a Segway?

I tried a cheap as I could find hover board and it did not feel safe at all.:facepalm:  But from what I read about the Minipro, it seems good quality.:confused1:

Grass and gravel it does well. I've put 200 miles on it so far and it's still in great shape. It's a nice little rig. Good for friends and family to ride on while I ride my euc.

And inebriated runs to the store :D

Oddly enough, while I never considered buying a Segway, seeing for the first time a person bringing a NineBot pro onto the subway compelled me to research this "mini Segway" but the price discouraged me.

I started with a hoverboard and it was rubbish. Then I got the MiniPro and loved it. It's a real transport method and it handles dirt trails (as long as they are wide enough) just fine. It handles gravel much better than an EUC.

Then I got an EUC and the MiniPro just feels slow and boring now. But it can do things that are not possible on an EUC, like walk my dog on a leash, go over loose gravel pathways completely safely and stop without the need to dismount. I still love my MiniPro and as others have said, it's petfect for giving to a companion on group rides. The learning time to feel safe out on the roads is about 20 minutes. On an EUC it's about 10 hours. 

Full size Segways are old now. They're massive, incredibly heavy, very expensive and not very portable. In my opinion they no longer make sense as personal transporters when we have much more portable, affordable devices today.

Archived