Request opinions of the V5f+ vs V8 vs MSuper V3.

LanghamP

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I still may buy one of these low range wheels for the light show while riding around at night.

Hmmm, which wheel offers the most bang-for-the-buck in terms of a light display for wowing people at night?

I'd say either one of the King Song 16s if you don't want to have lots of lights or the V8 if you want lots of attention grabbing lights.  But they are on the high end of prices. 

Allen

You guys make good points about the added safety aspect of lights and noise.

Where I grew up, I just tried to get invisibly from one point to another so I wouldn't get chased.  That approach has proven useful in some of the dicier neighborhoods I've lived in.  Everyone's needs are different, I guess.

Where I live now, we are exposed to nature and have cougars, lots of coyotes, and the occasional bear.  It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to let them know you're coming so they can back off before you both wind up in a surprise confrontation.

2 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

You guys make good points about the added safety aspect of lights and noise.

Where I grew up, I just tried to get invisibly from one point to another so I wouldn't get chased.  That approach has proven useful in some of the dicier neighborhoods I've lived in.  Everyone's needs are different, I guess.

Where I live now, we are exposed to nature and have cougars, lots of coyotes, and the occasional bear.  It probably wouldn't be a bad idea to let them know you're coming so they can back off before you both wind up in a surprise confrontation.

Wow, I think you really need a wheel with speakers :shock2:

2 hours ago, abinder3 said:

I'd say either one of the King Song 16s if you don't want to have lots of lights or the V8 if you want lots of attention grabbing lights.  But they are on the high end of prices. 

Allen

I'm leaning towards the V8 because I really want to put on a light show when riding at night. Other times I'd probably turn them off (assuming that's easy enough to do on the fly).

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Actually I've come to appreciate the speakers. On some of our group rides we've had some nice cruising music to ride to, and it can also come in handy when riding behind pedestrians - they hear you coming.

6 hours ago, Hunka Hunka Burning Love said:

If I had speakers I would use them.  It's nice to have some tunes going just like when you drive around in a car.

I have used both the LG bluetooth headsets and the HK Esquire speaker while riding. It is  fun listening to music while riding but my biggest concern is the music canceling out the sound of an approaching car from the rear.

I mostly limit my ACDC sounds to cemetery riding. No worries about getting run over and no complaints from those around me. :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm leaning towards the V8 because I really want to put on a light show when riding at night. Other times I'd probably turn them off (assuming that's easy enough to do on the fly).

Very easy to do when you're not moving.  Press the button under the carrying handle and then short press the power button.   Can also be done from the Inmotion app. 

Turning the headlight on and off can also be done by just pressing the power button. I forget for sure which it is; either a short press of the power button or a long press of the power button. One turns the wheel on and off; the other turns the headlight on and off. 

You can always turn off the lightning and thunder show but it's better to have them and be able to turn them off rather than not have them.

Does the V8 even have speakers? It surely must because doesn't it have the woman warning sounds (bitching Betty in Air Force parlance).

Archived