• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, steve454 said:

That sounds like a hot glue gun?  Hot glue can be added at weak points, used it to strengthen the shell of my drone once, but it is slightly heavy.  On a drone, not so good to add weight, but on a wheel, no problem.

As you may have seen from other posts, recently, you can get actual plastic welding kits that actually melt plastic strips. I've looked at a few including the one with staples as @Carlos E Rodriguez showed and a butane gas powered one here

23 hours ago, Dingfelder said:

If I were to go to Amazon to find it,say ... what would I call the material and the tool?  

Do you think it would be economical compared to getting a new case?

Harbor freight has the plastic welding kit, it's very inexpensive.  I actually bought one thinking it would be useful, but never used it so I don't know how good it is.  It came with a lot of different colored plastic strips and a heating iron.

22 minutes ago, steve454 said:

Harbor freight has the plastic welding kit, it's very inexpensive.  I actually bought one thinking it would be useful, but never used it so I don't know how good it is.  It came with a lot of different colored plastic strips and a heating iron.

I think the colors are different kind of plastics. Not sure.

Archived