weird behavior on new tesla control board

so i installed my new control board in my tesla. Everything works flawlessly!

but i noticed something.. An improvement maybe

you all know even if tiltback is disabled the wheel tiltsback at very low power. 

well i noticed that about under 50%

the wheel tiltsback when im about to reach the beeps that warn me that i shouldnt go faster (the beeps that warn you when the battery gets lower too) 

but the tiltback is very very slight.. Maybe only about 1 degree. It notifies me that i need to slow down. But it is very subtle. And im even wondering if its even there. But its just enough for me to know its there. and i have it set to "close tiltback" 

and i also heard that gotway makes changes with some of the newer tesla batches.. They also recently made the rest of the shell except the glossy part. Carbon fiber style. Like on the mcm5

and my serial number on my board starts with 18. So im assuming its a newer board. It looks identical to the older board i had. So no physical changes

i just thought i wanted to share this.

any thoughts on this?

52 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

so i installed my new control board in my tesla. Everything works flawlessly!

but i noticed something.. An improvement maybe

you all know even if tiltback is disabled the wheel tiltsback at very low power. 

well i noticed that about under 50%

the wheel tiltsback when im about to reach the beeps that warn me that i shouldnt go faster (the beeps that warn you when the battery gets lower too) 

but the tiltback is very very slight.. Maybe only about 1 degree. It notifies me that i need to slow down. But it is very subtle. And im even wondering if its even there. But its just enough for me to know its there. and i have it set to "close tiltback" 

and i also heard that gotway makes changes with some of the newer tesla batches.. They also recently made the rest of the shell except the glossy part. Carbon fiber style. Like on the mcm5

and my serial number on my board starts with 18. So im assuming its a newer board. It looks identical to the older board i had. So no physical changes

i just thought i wanted to share this.

any thoughts on this?

Very interesting. From your description, I like it. That way if you're going very fast and can't hear the beeps, you'll be able to feel it.

If you get the battery below 15% it should be easier to confirm this behavior because you don't have to go very fast to get the beeps.

@Scott Henley, when you get your new MSuper running, see if you notice this feature too. I installed a new ACM2 board a short while ago and maybe it has this new feature. I'll experiment next time my battery is low.

@Jason McNeil, have you heard about this improvement? If real, seems fantastic for those of us (many) that can't hear the beeps when going very fast.

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Very interesting. From your description, I like it. That way if you're going very fast and can't hear the beeps, you'll be able to feel it.

If you get the battery below 15% it should be easier to confirm this behavior because you don't have to go very fast to get the beeps.

@Scott Henley, when you get your new MSuper running, see if you notice this feature too. I installed a new ACM2 board a short while ago and maybe it has this new feature. I'll experiment next time my battery is low.

@Jason McNeil, have you heard about this improvement? If real, seems fantastic for those of us (many) that can't hear the beeps when going very fast.

the effect doesnt really kick in before the max speed is lowered by a bit

and maybe they just customized my control board a little.(not likely) but i mean. i returned it because of a blown mosfet. So maybe.. Just to get some theories started 

but it is very very subtle... And im even second guessing myself. it is very very subtle.. But still nice

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Interesting! I’ll definitely look for this ! Or rather ...feel...for it !

4 hours ago, Tbx Nicolas said:

They also added more LED light modes on the newer batches. Your Tesla will now fit perfectly next to your christmas tree, or even with your next Msuper X.

hmm. That explains the weird led behavior i have

when i turn it on: battery indicator while there is spinning ligh

2nd mode: Ring light no indicator

3rd mode : No ring light, brake light. and battery indicator

:blink1:

22 hours ago, Shad0z said:

hmm. That explains the weird led behavior i have

when i turn it on: battery indicator while there is spinning ligh

2nd mode: Ring light no indicator

3rd mode : No ring light, brake light. and battery indicator

:blink1:

MIne is the same, a 2 week old Tesla. :)

49 minutes ago, luzt said:

MIne is the same, a 2 week old Tesla. :)

my ring light also goes slower than before, before the ringlight went so fast when going high speed that it looked lile it was just blinking. Doesnt do that on mine anymore. Now its slower

i noticed another thing.. The tiltback is more noticable when accelerating fast. Its to excpected. But the thing is if you slowly increase the speed then it will be almost unoticable

so the typical sitiuation where you will experience it is while accelerating fast nearing the limit

This Tesla spec sheet I found online maybe gives some explanation as to what is going on with the LOW BATTERY status. If you read the: "Battery over discharge alarm" entry, it does state that the footrests will start to tilt backwards at 5% battery left (not exactly sure how confident I would be with only 5% battery to allow this to happen reliably as a warning!) This spec sheet also states 1900W for the motor, which we now know newer Tesla's are rated 2000W, so the spec sheet must refer to earlier Tesla's/firmware I'm guessing.

Tesla Specs.jpg

22 hours ago, fbhb said:

This Tesla spec sheet I found online maybe gives some explanation as to what is going on with the LOW BATTERY status. If you read the: "Battery over discharge alarm" entry, it does state that the footrests will start to tilt backwards at 5% battery left (not exactly sure how confident I would be with only 5% battery to allow this to happen reliably as a warning!) This spec sheet also states 1900W for the motor, which we now know newer Tesla's are rated 2000W, so the spec sheet must refer to earlier Tesla's/firmware I'm guessing.

Tesla Specs.jpg

The 1900W and  2000W

are the same both 1900W motor

its just that it is sometimes simplified and they type 2000W 

Archived