Is it normal or is this a faulty Ninebot S2

lbialy

Hello everyone, it's my first time here :)

I would like to ask, because  i honestly don't know where i should to this,i'm new in EUC, i've just bought a used ninebot s2 and wondering, if i was not tricked.. Does sound like this in link below, is somewhat like normal sounds of operational use or it is some kind of defect? I would really appreciate your answer and help, because i don't know what i should tell seller..

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Lukas

@lbialy

Would you please mind posting your question only in ONE thread?

Thanx...

For your answer...for me it is hard to decide.

On one side the “gnarcing” of a wheel is more or less OK..but on your wheel it seams a bit much.

Did you try driving on it, does it behave normal, beside the sounds?

7 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

@lbialy

Thanx...

For your answer...for me it is hard to decide.

On one side the “gnarcing” of a wheel is more or less OK..but on your wheel it seams a bit much.

Did you try driving on it, does it behave normal, beside the sounds?

Thanks for the reply, sorry i dodn't know where should i post this.. Yes i just came to home, i rode it at different speeds, it seems fine ( i honestly dont know how it should suppose to ride i don't have any comparsion), maybe just some "pitching?" noise but i assume it is normal?

So is this kind of "gnarcing" is in every other unicycle?

28 minutes ago, lbialy said:

Thanks for the reply, sorry i dodn't know where should i post this.. Yes i just came to home, i rode it at different speeds, it seems fine ( i honestly dont know how it should suppose to ride i don't have any comparsion), maybe just some "pitching?" noise but i assume it is normal?

So is this kind of "gnarcing" is in every other unicycle?

It’s especially normal on lower speeds, when the wheels needs to apply the most torque or when you break down to a stop!

It should not be there after the first two, three meters...or while normal driving...

3 hours ago, KingSong69 said:

@lbialy, funnily enough, after editing your post so it was obviously Ninebot related I did intend moving it to here as well but got sidetracked.

I’ve deleted the other post.

By the way, I think the noise you are hearing is a known effect of this type of motor ( brushless d.c. motors) called “cogging” :https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?28021-Brushless-motor-cogging-What-is-it

52 minutes ago, Keith said:

I think the noise you are hearing is a known effect of this type of motor ( brushless d.c. motors) called “cogging”

I never noticed that on the wheels before, just now tried it with the Ninebot one E+ and it does the cogging also.  But now that I think about it, I have noticed this cogging  before on electric cooling fans for automobiles.  When at the wrecking yard looking for an electric fan I would spin the fan blade by hand and feel for the cogging because it made me think the motor was still good.  (I converted my truck from a mechanical fan to electric as a project)  A smooth turning fan made me think it was weak and worn out.  The link you posted verified my intuition.  Thanks.

Archived