smart drifting battery

Campos

Typically the extra connector is used for balancing the cells within the pack,  from there you can read the voltage of each cell.  The coloring on the wiring is a bit strange though so you might want to validate with a meter.  Since it is a 2P pack it looks like you can only balance each pair as a group which makes sense in a typical 2P configuration.  Usually 6 wires should be in the second connector for a 5S pack.

Edited by FreeRide

• 1 month later...
On 25/02/2018 at 6:37 PM, FreeRide said:

Typically the extra connector is used for balancing the cells within the pack,  from there you can read the voltage of each cell. The coloring on the wiring is a bit strange though so you might want to validate with a meter.  Since it is a 2P pack it looks like you can only balance each pair as a group which makes sense in a typical 2P configuration.  Usually 6 wires should be in the second connector for a 5S pack.

Interesting, you’ve seen the part number is S5P2GA and assumed it is a 5 series, 2 parallel pack, not just a part number  even though the fact it is 36V, 2000mAh and 72Wh are all also printed on the label. It might, just possibly be 2 off 5S stacks in the battery but there ain’t no way they are in parallel unless someone has invented a 7.2 Volt 1000mAh cell! 

When did red for the positive and black for the negative become “a bit strange”. 

As @Ch.Eng.62 had already said, odds are the second lead is a charging lead,  although it might equally be there to power something else on the scooter, only opening it up to see how it’s BMS is wired would confirm as there is no obvious information on this battery on the internet. One thing is for sure it absolutely is not a balancing lead, as you yourself said there ain’t enough wires

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Keith said:

Interesting, you’ve seen the part number is S5P2GA and assumed it is a 5 series, 2 parallel pack, not just a part number  even though the fact it is 36V, 2000mAh and 72Wh are all also printed on the label. It might, just possibly be 2 off 5S stacks in the battery but there ain’t no way they are in parallel unless someone has invented a 7.2 Volt 1000mAh cell! 

When did red for the positive and black for the negative become “a bit strange”. 

As @Ch.Eng.62 had already said, odds are the second lead is a charging lead,  although it might equally be there to power something else on the scooter, only opening it up to see how it’s BMS is wired would confirm as there is no obvious information on this battery on the internet. One thing is for sure it absolutely is not a balancing lead, as you yourself said there ain’t enough wires

No arguments, that's why I said it needed to be verified with a meter.  You're right I should not have said it was 2P pack. I should have been more careful in my assessment.

• Upvote 1

That battery looks tiny, wish it was next to another object or a ruler.  Judging by the size of the XT60 connector, it looks barely bigger than the 7.2v 2000 mAh battery for my SYMA X-8 quadcopter.

Hard to imagine it has 36volts.

It does have more wires to the charge plug.

Image result for syma x8 battery

Edited by steve454

• 2 years later...

It is one of 2 cell pacs that consists of 10 cells per pack. One pack carries the BMS the other shares the BMS with the other pack utilizing the other black connector to sync the balancing of the cells. one pac will not deliver 36v only when combined with the second pack can it as one achieve 36v. There are 2 packs cause the scooter that houses these batteries is to small and does not have enough space to install a typical 1 pack cell. Some 2 pac units provide 25.9v. The thing with this is that the pack that does not have the BMS has the black and red wires appropriately configured  with the positive and negative contacts of the cell. The pack with the BMS does not connect wirth the other pack with the red wire only the black wire from the non BMS pack connects to the pack  with the BMS through the C- and then out the B- terminal to the battery the red wire never makes contact with the pack with the BMS which to me is baffling and i suspect that the black connector may have something to do with this. yes there are not enough lines in the black connector to justify balancing but you will find the missing lines on the bms connector that connect to the battery with the bms directly wired to the battery. it is a balancing wire connection but i think it also has to do with why the pack with the BMS never makes physical contact with the red wire leaving the battery pack without the BMS.... does this make sense to anyone? 

136076480_4234735163222890_5215623657343136038463_4234734046556335_2117116832630

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I got these out of my sons hoverboard. I thought maybe the battery was bad because the hoverboard randomly shuts off while riding it. Multimeter is showing a 40.6 charge on battery (a) though...I assumed maybe that's good. When I separated the batteries I got no charge from battery (a) and 20.4 from battery (b) NGL I don't have much experience with voltage and such....Just trying to fix my sons hoverboard. I don't know if that means the battery is bad or not...…Hell if it is bad....I don't even know where to get a replacement..... I've never seen this type of battery and when I scoured the internet looking for it and they seem to be non-existent. A google search of the product model brought me to this post (S5P2GA)….. I'm at a loss here....anyone have any clue what I can do? Can I just hook up a normal 36v hoverboard battery? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://imgur.com/a/7gz9MJv