magnetic pedal holders

andress

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you my little mod because it was this forum that inspired me to go and try to better my unicycle.

So since my pedals wouldn't stay up I tried at first to tighten that little screw that made them stiffer but it only worked on one and just for a short time. So I glued some magnets on and it works like a charm now :) Only thing I am afraid of is how well does the glue hold them since it is just ordinary one-second glue.

I used Stixall building adhesive to stick the neodymium magnets onto the bottom of my mcm pedals. Hasn't failed yet despite all the run offs my son did whilst speed testing against the 800w KS last Sunday.

Stixall sets into a fairly hard rubber compound so can also be used to mould rubber edge protectors for the pedals if you like. Just apply a good thick bead to the cleaned surface put a piece of cling film over it to prevent it from sticking to your hands and gently mould it to the shape you want.

I used Stixall building adhesive to stick the neodymium magnets onto the bottom of my mcm pedals. Hasn't failed yet despite all the run offs my son did whilst speed testing against the 800w KS last Sunday.

Stixall sets into a fairly hard rubber compound so can also be used to mould rubber edge protectors for the pedals if you like. Just apply a good thick bead to the cleaned surface put a piece of cling film over it to prevent it from sticking to your hands and gently mould it to the shape you want.

i second what Gimlet advises. my Gotway 14MCM2s had pedals that kept falling down and it got real frustrating. I bought them neodymium magnets at a craft store and gorilla glue (they didn't have stixall) and now the pedals work like they are supposed to!

I actually do have Sugru and have used it as a water protective jacket on a small homemade optical gunsight periscope which moves the sight picture across to the left eye for right handed left eye dominant shooters. It's great stuff but doesn't have that great adhesion.

• 1 month later...

Dude, you tried to tighten the set screw that only holds the foot petal shaft centered. The ends of the petal have two large set screws for setting the tension on the petals to hold them up. Just put some locktite blue on them to retain the set screws once set. Don't need no steekin magnets.

Dude, you tried to tighten the set screw that only holds the foot petal shaft centered. The ends of the petal have two large set screws for setting the tension on the petals to hold them up. Just put some locktite blue on them to retain the set screws once set. Don't need no steekin magnets.

It depends on the euc model, some have flats on the hinge pins and a screw that tightens onto it to stop it from turning so tightening up the set screws will work but others have a round pin and no screw, these will fall no matter how tightly you do up the end grub screws.

• 6 months later...

Archived