how do i open the tesla

Shad0z

my tire is flat so I'm in a situation where the airvalve is loose or something among that i took i to a bike shop and they looked at it and they said that for them to fix it i need to take the wheel off.

i have taken out the batteries screws and control board 

i see no more screws only the axle nut

what do i have to do to get out the wheel? Can't i just undo the axle nut and pull it out?

4 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

my tire is flat so I'm in a situation where the airvalve is loose or something among that i took i to a bike shop and they looked at it and they said that for them to fix it i need to take the wheel off.

i have taken out the batteries screws and control board 

i see no more screws only the axle nut

what do i have to do to get out the wheel? Can't i just undo the axle nut and pull it out?

DONT touch the axle nut!!! That is not needed and will only bring up more problems!

All you need to do is take out all screws from the pedalarms to shell...and ALL shell screws!

To find all shell screws...you need to take off the led/plastik strips from the side. AND the big glossy plastik piece that you also use as a handle.

When you have unscrewed all the shell and pedal arm screws, you will be able to split the shell into 2 halves and get the wheel out of it, which will still have the pedal arms attached(that is OK!).... Then the tire can be changed!

19 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

DONT touch the axle nut!!! That is not needed and will only bring up more problems!

All you need to do is take out all screws from the pedalarms to shell...and ALL shell screws!

To find all shell screws...you need to take off the led/plastik strips from the side. AND the big glossy plastik piece that you also use as a handle.

When you have unscrewed all the shell and pedal arm screws, you will be able to split the shell into 2 halves and get the wheel out of it, which will still have the pedal arms attached(that is OK!).... Then the tire can be changed!

good but how exactly do i take out the led strips an handle?

29 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

i took i to a bike shop and they looked at it and they said that for them to fix it i need to take the wheel off.

19 minutes ago, KingSong69 said:

KingSong69 is correct. Also if the bicycle repair shop tech has never performed this type of repair I would stand guard right next to him (her) making sure they do not tug on any wires or damage any components during the process. 

20 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

KingSong69 is correct. Also if the bicycle repair shop tech has never performed this type of repair I would stand guard right next to him (her) making sure they do not tug on any wires or damage any components during the process. 

i will dissasemble it myself but i will need some help for the tire fix. But I'm thinking of maybe just getting a tubeless tire.. Arent they batter at not puncturing?

43 minutes ago, Shad0z said:

i will dissasemble it myself but i will need some help for the tire fix. But I'm thinking of maybe just getting a tubeless tire.. Arent they batter at not puncturing?

Understandable. I have changed tires on my ACM but I don't own a Tesla. Sorry but I can't answer the pro and cons on tubeless vs tube. Forum members that have made the transition to tubeless swear by it.

8 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Understandable. I have changed tires on my ACM but I don't own a Tesla. Sorry but I can't answer the pro and cons on tubeless vs tube. Forum members that have made the transition to tubeless swear by it.

good to hear they loved the transition. i have read that you can put about 20% less pressure in tubeless and they still work but tube not possible

and that tires with tubes

the tubes are really thin and easily puncture so i will see if i can shift to tube-less

if i can find them in the right size

i had a mini pro that was tubeless (has same tires as gotway mten) and they felt pretty good

so i will go with tubeless if possible and get back where i left with my tesla 

that thing is impossible to go without, like every other euc owner knows :D

Don't tubeless tires require a rim that is air-sealed? Like you cannot just take a normal bicycle wheel and put a rim on it as the spokes are not air-sealed.

You might be better off using Slime on your tire. Once and done. Carry an air-pump for long trips...

If the valve isn't damaged you might be able to entirely fix you tire by using slime. That'd save you a lot of time.

Archived