Split from Forum RULES and guidelines (MUST read before your first post)

Rehab1

2 hours ago, esaj said:

The cells will drop voltage much faster in cold, at least earlier EUC Extreme used battery warming system custom built for the wheel to keep the packs warm (but not too hot of course) and made a studded tire himself for winter riding. Not a really cheap solution, but should work pretty well.

Speaking of cold please come out of the semi hibernation Esaj! I know you are very busy but we all miss the interaction and your informative posts!

50 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

Speaking of cold please come out of the semi hibernation Esaj! I know you are very busy but we all miss the interaction and your informative posts!

Some of us could say the same about you ;)

Here's an idea. Why don't you buy a Tesla and then take it apart and replace all of the wiring to make it safer. I miss your mad-scientist posts ^_^

1 hour ago, Marty Backe said:

Some of us could say the same about you ;)

Here's an idea. Why don't you buy a Tesla and then take it apart and replace all of the wiring to make it safer. I miss your mad-scientist posts ^_^

Thanks! Unfortunately at this time of the year my enthusiasm takes a dive. I’m also involved in a David vs Goliath drama....me against PNC Bank. 

Actually my Tesla is pretty safe the way it sits.;)

24313952418_1221841a2c_b.jpg

20 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Might take a while, as I'm still keeping busy... on top of having already fallen behind on my school project (it's a bit too ambitious when it comes to the amount of boards that needs to be made,  most of the "grunt work "is still ahead, 4-5 larger and ~20 smaller boards to go, a few tens of hours of milling and a few thousand solder joints, and then the software... deadline in 5 weeks), I'm also changing jobs after next week, and there's still some loose strings to tie and documentation to write at my current job. Also already attended some meetings and stuff at the new employer here and there, as we're trying to get a head start on the project before I "officially" start working there full-time, which hasn't really helped with my schedule, as I needed to work longer days then at my current employer to make up for it.

So glad you responded!  Thanks! Being overburdened by work is understandable! 

New job? Awesome promotion/ new career I hope! If I can ask what does your new job entail?

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

So glad you responded!  Thanks! Being overburdened by work is understandable! 

New job? Awesome promotion/ new career I hope! If I can ask what does your new job entail?

There's quite a lot of NDAs to seal my lips about most of it, the title is "Senior SW designer"... let's just say that the first project will deal with "critical systems", that is, the kind of stuff where lives could be lost and/or significant material and/or financial damage can be caused in case the system seriously malfunctions. Of course there's a ton of testing and multiple redundancy/failover -stuff, so the chance of something really bad happening is pretty low. But that's just the first project,  the company does all kinds of custom software, so who knows what after that.

5 hours ago, esaj said:

There's quite a lot of NDAs to seal my lips about most of it, the title is "Senior SW designer"... let's just say that the first project will deal with "critical systems", that is, the kind of stuff where lives could be lost and/or significant material and/or financial damage can be caused in case the system seriously malfunctions. Of course there's a ton of testing and multiple redundancy/failover -stuff, so the chance of something really bad happening is pretty low. But that's just the first project,  the company does all kinds of custom software, so who knows what after that.

Impressive! It sounds like your vast SW knowledge will finally be utilized and appreciated. Congratulations!

Archived